Newbie - Thinking of getting a backpack

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Blade away, Dec 1, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Blade away

Blade away Guest

#1 Blade away, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013
    Hi Everyone, new to the forum. Been cleaning traditional method for just over a year now and was thinking of investing in a backpack for those hard to reach jobs.

After having checked the water level (showing 127 ppm) will i be able to make the water just using a di vessel with resin or also need RO?

Any advice much appreciated.
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master

Dec 18, 2010
    Hi welcome! I have heard Gardiner back packs are good but have not used any myself so could not say for sure. With Ppm, I would say you could get a way with just do but does depend on how much your going to use it. When I was cleaning I used di only as was much less hastle and my ppm was around 90-100
  3. Posh

Posh Hero

Jan 8, 2012
    My ppm is 276 & up to about 4 months ago I just used 2 di's and was using about 200 litres a month. Like you was just using it for them hard to do windows but have picked up a lot more work with them little windows so use about 300 litres a month so bought a ro but to be honest I could still get away with 2 di's. I used 1 then when ppm went up I connected the 2nd one. When it started creeping up again I got the 1st one & put new resin in it & that became the 2nd one & so on. Hope that makes sense. By the way I gotta wcw & big boy backpacks & both are fine. Only prob I've had us flow controller on the wcw orange one but don't use it anyway so disconnected it & use a tap to control the flow.