Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Nightmare windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Knoxy

Done a large detached house today with 20 windows/doors, just as I finished the last window I went round the front to wipe the sills and noticed on some of the windows quite a lot of spotting and runs from the vents /emoticons/sad.png went round all the downstairs windows with a cloth and wiped them, but I had to leave the upstairs as I had no ladders with me.

The customers had gone out for the day so I popped back to***ht to have a chat with them and try and explain what had hap pend before they drop me, but they were still not home.

Should I go back and give them a free clean? I did spend 2hrs today giving them a good scrub and rinse. :huh:

Done a large detached house today with 20 windows/doors, just as I finished the last window I went round the front to wipe the sills and noticed on some of the windows quite a lot of spotting and runs from the vents /emoticons/sad.png went round all the downstairs windows with a cloth and wiped them, but I had to leave the upstairs as I had no ladders with me.

The customers had gone out for the day so I popped back to***ht to have a chat with them and try and explain what had hap pend before they drop me, but they were still not home.

Should I go back and give them a free clean? I did spend 2hrs today giving them a good scrub and rinse. :huh:
Was this a first clean

Thought it might be print the letter out below and give it to all your new customers some people charge twice the price for first cleans ,i dont i just explain and do the best first time always works

Dear Customer,

We are pleased to inform all our clients of some important changes we have made to our business.

Your windows will be cleaned in future using a method, which will soon be the industry standard. As a company wanting to be at the forefront of our industry, we have decided to invest in this technology which involves the use of water fed telescopic poles and 100% pure water, which we obtain by sending tap water through a series of complex filters to purify it to the highest degree.

We are using this technology for a number of reasons.

Health and safety

Legislation being brought in from Europe will limit the use of ladders as temporary workstations. The law now states that ladders can only be used when all viable alternatives have been considered, and now water fed pole systems are seen as a safer viable alternative.

This way we can do the job to a high standard whilst standing on the ground.

Better cleaning results

The major advantage of the water fed pole system is that only pure water is used, with zero impurities in the water, eliminating the need for detergents and chemicals. As your windows will be brushed clean your frames and sills will be cleaned at the same time.

A word of warning : This process involves brushing your windows clean then rinsed off with pure water. As such they will be left wet and will need some time to dry naturally. Because we use pure water, the windows dry spotless. This may be a bit disconcerting at first, as this is not what our customers are used to. Please note that over the space of two or three visits the process will `leach` all deposits from around the frames, resulting in an improved finish each time, until ultimately the finish will be better than the traditional method.

We can now also clean all aspects of your property.

Frames, Conservatory Roofs, UPVC, Panelling, Canopies, Guttering, Fascias, Garage Doors etc.

I hope this has covered everything, and have explained the increased benefits. Our aim is to continue to give a high level of service. Please feel free to phone or email to discuss any part of the above or indeed any other aspect of our service. Alternatively, if you happen to be at home the next time we clean your property, feel free to ask us for more information, or of course a demonstration of the system.

If you have any concerns about this new way of cleaning your windows please let me know and we will endeavour to alleviate your concerns.

Yours Thankfully,

That's a very good letter mark. I must tho disagree with one thing tho and that is IMO it doesn't give better cleaning results. The same as trad maybe but certainly not better and also is that Europe thing about ladders cosher coz it will put a lot of windys out of work who cannot afford the system. I heard you can work off ladders as long as you don't exceed 29ft.

i have done a few new houses recently and some have the white spots.. one customer asked me, ''are you sure you cleaned the patio doors'' lol.. i told her i was going to find out how to remove it, i was told lime scale remover? so when i see her again i am going to tell her its going to be an extra service.. Maybe £1 per effected window? as it will be time consuming

Jif or cif as its now known. My Bruv got me some stuff thats like a scratch remover on cars but this is for windows. Don't scratch and gets anything off. God knows what it's called but will ask him.

i have done a few new houses recently and some have the white spots.. one customer asked me, ''are you sure you cleaned the patio doors'' lol.. i told her i was going to find out how to remove it, i was told lime scale remover? so when i see her again i am going to tell her its going to be an extra service.. Maybe £1 per effected window? as it will be time consuming
One question i have. If your wfp how do you know if the windows upstairs haven't got white spots on or tree sap or something. Just wondered how you guys got over this.

I used halfords own car cleaning compound today on mine only because it done such a good job on my van lol to get the marks off £3.99 brilliant I was amazed with the results I only used it on my PVC and it removed every mark with ease

lol got to agree with that, i got some ladder clamps off them £29, then found the exact same on amazon for £15 delivered

Jif or cif as its now known. My Bruv got me some stuff thats like a scratch remover on cars but this is for windows. Don't scratch and gets anything off. God knows what it's called but will ask him.

One question i have. If your wfp how do you know if the windows upstairs haven't got white spots on or tree sap or something. Just wondered how you guys got over this.
I'm trad at the mo, I always thought this about the wfp, that how can you be sure the window is spotless?

I'm trad at the mo, I always thought this about the wfp, that how can you be sure the window is spotless?
You can't - use the correct technique and you'll be ok though

I use WFP and will happily tell anyone that if you ant a guaranteed result you have to use a blade BUT ny customers know this and accept this because they believe the trade off which is having bright white window frames is worth it.

It is hard to completely eliminate spotting on hydrophobic glass (the glass that water does not like) whereas on hydrophlic glass (where water runs down it in sheets) WFP can produce perfect results.

There will always be room for the traditional cleaner but the issue is whether they will be allowed to trade in the future due to health and safety.

Consumers will always want a choice and as long as they do there will always be someone wiling to offer it.

Back