Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Call out charge for customer no show?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

did he pay up David ?
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I fined him tuesday as i recall , i Think He will , i will def keep pounding him until He does . Got quite a few houses on his street so its easy to drop by regularly..

did he pay up David ?
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I fined him tuesday as i recall , i Think He will , i will def keep pounding him until He does . Got quite a few houses on his street so its easy to drop by regularly..

you can do what i do that clearly states by having the first clean from us you agree to all of the terms of service below ( TOS ) then i have my terms of service which i hand over with a sheet explaining about WFP and the water i use. this stops the messers and bargain hunters cancelling after 1 clean.
You TOS on your website and a pice of paper with an explanation of your companies practice on it does not mean TOSS.

Unless you have a SIGNATURE or TEXT or EMAIL or even a voicemail from a customer agreeing to the work and hence terms then there really is nothing you can enforce.

If it is a customer of a period of standing and yu can show previous regular payments reiceved then you have proof they were aware of an ongoing situation. Does not mean they lose or waive the right to cancell whenever they like however. Just proves they were aware.

Back when I was employing staff I called a law firm in Google and asked about employee contracts. Explained what I wanted it to say and picked the guys brains on the phone and we chatted for a good 30 minutes.

Four days later I got a superb copy of an employee contract in the post along with a bill for £380.00, two copies of a contract of service for me to sign and return (they went straight in the bin) and an introduction letter waffling about his rates, how much if one of his colleges has to do some work for us etc etc.

Anyhow I kept the copy of the employee contract and binned the rest.

Over the coming months the phone calls and letters started increasing demanding payment for the service I had contracted from them.

My request was simple, show me a contract with my signature on it or a recording (we record all calls for blah blah blah) Of a phone call where I agree to contract services from you and I'll drive round now and settle the bill. Otherwise I will meet you in court where my counter claim will be £320.00 for the day I have lost at work coming to court.

Never heard from them again.

One of my customers here is a hot shot Barister and she makes a great cuppa tea and let's me pick her brains (as long as I'm quick) and she agreed the law firm had no leg to stand on.

If you want something you can enforce then get a signature.

I have posted a .doc file of these in the resources section so you van download and edit. These are what I use.

View attachment 9010

And a quick FYI regardless of trade unless you can prove agreement of services the plumber / sparky / whatever can put in any bill they want to. Without that text / signature they're gonna face issues getting paid.

You TOS on your website and a pice of paper with an explanation of your companies practice on it does not mean TOSS.
Unless you have a SIGNATURE or TEXT or EMAIL or even a voicemail from a customer agreeing to the work and hence terms then there really is nothing you can enforce.

If it is a customer of a period of standing and yu can show previous regular payments reiceved then you have proof they were aware of an ongoing situation. Does not mean they lose or waive the right to cancell whenever they like however. Just proves they were aware.

Back when I was employing staff I called a law firm in Google and asked about employee contracts. Explained what I wanted it to say and picked the guys brains on the phone and we chatted for a good 30 minutes.

Four days later I got a superb copy of an employee contract in the post along with a bill for £380.00, two copies of a contract of service for me to sign and return (they went straight in the bin) and an introduction letter waffling about his rates, how much if one of his colleges has to do some work for us etc etc.

Anyhow I kept the copy of the employee contract and binned the rest.

Over the coming months the phone calls and letters started increasing demanding payment for the service I had contracted from them.

My request was simple, show me a contract with my signature on it or a recording (we record all calls for blah blah blah) Of a phone call where I agree to contract services from you and I'll drive round now and settle the bill. Otherwise I will meet you in court where my counter claim will be £320.00 for the day I have lost at work coming to court.

Never heard from them again.

One of my customers here is a hot shot Barister and she makes a great cuppa tea and let's me pick her brains (as long as I'm quick) and she agreed the law firm had no leg to stand on.

If you want something you can enforce then get a signature.

I have posted a .doc file of these in the resources section so you van download and edit. These are what I use.

View attachment 12918

And a quick FYI regardless of trade unless you can prove agreement of services the plumber / sparky / whatever can put in any bill they want to. Without that text / signature they're gonna face issues getting paid.
100% WRONG!. by paying for the services you agree. do you have a contract for your sky tv? gas/electric? van insurance?? no you dont. signatures only create a contract and to become binding you need 2 signatures in black wet ink. you don't need a signature for terms of service.

If i rang up british gas and said "OI IM NOT PAYING I DONT HAVE A CONTRACT, I NEVER SIGNED A THING." do you honestly think they will say ok chap and no worries. no they will say were get a warrant to fit a prepay meter or cut off ya gas supply.

by paying anyone for any service or any work you agree to there terms of service and making out you never read them is no excuse, its a poor excuse to be honest.

if i went to court and told the magistrate i had no contract for a service he would laugh at me.

You believe what you like mate. But in my opinion your way off.

As I said previois payments prove previous consent.

However I would love to see you turn up at some random blogs house and stick iina bill and get paid with no PROOF of agreement.

We rely on custys to be upfront and honest with us and be decent with us. As long as they do there is no issue.

What you have implied is you can go clean anything and demand payment. The thread is about a customer no show.

I dont recall if we are discussing exisisting custys but in the case of a new custy you got not a leg to stand on without proof.

YES I do have a signed copy of contracts for my van insurance, mobile phone, internet service and utilities (excluding only water)

TERMS OF SERVICE.

As of 4th December 2016 entering into any conversation or debate with or reading any post on this forum written by Green Pro Clean enters you into a legally binding agreement as pointed out by @4Weekly and as such you will be required to pay a fee of £5 per post read of £200 per conversation. Should you not wish to enter into this agreement the please signify so by immediate deletion of your account.

See how ridiculous that is??

There are many occupations that earn less than windys but Lawyer is not one of them. So if not too personal a question why did you quit law and take up cleaning? Not the glamour surely?

You may have a contract even if there’s nothing in writing, for example if you’ve accepted a quote, paid the fee or a deposit or verbally told them to go ahead with the service.

If you’ve formed a contract with the business and you cancel, you’re unlikely to get all your money back unless there’s a generous cancellation clause written into your contract.

The business could:

• charge a cancellation fee
  • hold some or all of your deposit to compensate for their financial loss (eg where they set aside time to provide the service and can’t book another job for the same period)
  • demand money if their loss due to your cancellation isn’t covered by any deposit

Check your contract for terms and conditions on cancellations.

no i didnt say i can just rock up at big ben and clean it and demand money for a service. if i turn up and say its £12 for 4 weeks and they say yes that fine and i had over paper work explaining the WFP cleaning and business TOS and they dont say i wanna cancel before the work is complete. they VERBALLY contract!

no i didnt say i can just rock up at big ben and clean it and demand money for a service. if i turn up and say its £12 for 4 weeks and they say yes that fine and i had over paper work explaining the WFP cleaning and business TOS and they dont say i wanna cancel before the work is complete. they VERBALLY contract!
Agreed. Not disputed at all.

Now, prove it.

When you and your client are in front of Judge Rinder with he said she said at best I give you 50/50

When my client and I are there and I hand over a signed contract who you think the judge will side with?

you are talking LEGAL side of things. im talking LAWFUL side of things. LEGAL AND LAWFUL are like chalk and cheese and people think they both mean the same thing!

obviously a signature will win the case though. but what bout when you take up a service say GAS. you never sign a contract with that ever. they take people to court all the time and win. using the line, YOU DONT HAVE A CONTRACT dont work in the legal realms. British Gas will just say terms and conditions or terms of service. normally debt collectors are brought in first to scare people into paying. and court is last option.

You believe what you like mate. But in my opinion your way off.
As I said previois payments prove previous consent.

However I would love to see you turn up at some random blogs house and stick iina bill and get paid with no PROOF of agreement.

We rely on custys to be upfront and honest with us and be decent with us. As long as they do there is no issue.

What you have implied is you can go clean anything and demand payment. The thread is about a customer no show.

I dont recall if we are discussing exisisting custys but in the case of a new custy you got not a leg to stand on without proof.

YES I do have a signed copy of contracts for my van insurance, mobile phone, internet service and utilities (excluding only water)

TERMS OF SERVICE.

As of 4th December 2016 entering into any conversation or debate with or reading any post on this forum written by Green Pro Clean enters you into a legally binding agreement as pointed out by @4Weekly and as such you will be required to pay a fee of £5 per post read of £200 per conversation. Should you not wish to enter into this agreement the please signify so by immediate deletion of your account.

See how ridiculous that is??

There are many occupations that earn less than windys but Lawyer is not one of them. So if not too personal a question why did you quit law and take up cleaning? Not the glamour surely?
with your terms of service i have to tell you no i dont agree to those terms of service. its like when you get a NOTICE in the post. by ignoring it, in the legal world it means you agree to it.

I also found this.

Verbal Agreements and Disputes

If either party has decided to break a contract then the matter can be taken to the legal courts. In most cases the dispute may rest on the justification of the terms of the verbal agreement. There are a few ways that a judge will try and establish the terms of the agreement. These could include investigating what actually happened in practice. This can include the services that were actually undertaken and if any money whatsoever was paid for any services.

Enforcing a Verbal Agreement

Apart from taking the matter to court there are other ways to enforce a verbal agreement. If money is owed then the matter can be passed on to a collection agency to try to enforce the matter for you. The disgruntled party can also apply pressure themselves by sending letter, emails and making telephone calls to the person who is in breach of contract. Copies of all emails and letters should be kept in case the matter does reach the law courts.

Payment before Service

One way of avoiding this sort of dispute ever occurring may be to ask for some form of payment before supplying a service. Although the customer may not always agree to this it may be an option to consider. In some cases if a person is going to breach a contract and withhold payment then the odds are they may never have intended to pay for the service in the first place. In many cases though a customer may not like the idea of paying for a service until the job is completed for fear of non completion.

Threatening court action for breach of a verbal contract may not actually help the matter at all if one party intended not to carry through on the agreement. However the law does consider complete verbal agreements as Legally Binding and the matter can be brought to the law courts for a judge to make the final decision.

I never ignore notice in the post. I just ask the to prove they supplied it. Saying you put it through my door does not prove a thing unless recorded of course.

I have a psycho ex that managed to run up £30k of debt in my name. My experience in dealing with collectors, courts etc and how to get out of settling a debt is first hand and learnt the hard way.

I have also sucessfully sued several former customers through Small Claims (lowesr for £8 highest for £3240) and won every claim as I take the precaution of getting a SIGNATURE.

Surely even you can not dispute there is any stronger proof of agreement?

Lawful, Legal, written, verbal, waffle waffle is of no matter whatsoever. All that matters is getting paid.

I simply take the trouble to get a signature on a 5p piecevof paper that means I will never lose a claim should I have to file.

You go on with the 'woe is the lowly windy' attitude, we didnt do years of school etc etc compared to the professionals........

Surely asking for a signature on a written quotation shows a professional approach and attitude that starts to drag us out the bucket bob perceptions that people have? (No insult to Bobs or tradders intended)

You can go on till your blue in the face. All I know is I get paid. EVERYTIME.

ever seen judge judy where someone says he borrowed $200 from me and never gave me it back, but got a job and bought xyz. and she said oi YOU pay him his $200 back and expenses for getting here. plus magistrates dont use judges, they use magistrates. only real courts use judges. bit of a difference :whistle::whistle:

oh by the way it depends what law they are doing in the magistrates court. i can put a tenner on it they wont do common law. magistrates deal in admiralty law which is law of the sea ( acts and statutes ) ( corporations and businesses )

you only need them to say im not paying that, you reply with but i carried out the work we agreed to. you need to get them to admit you did the job. when i quote jobs i always record on my phone. theres no law that says you cant. you only need them to say yes £10 is ok and you to say when you start the job. but debt collectors and threats about peoples credit score being destroyed normally scares 95% of people. in reality no one has to pay anything and there is a way to get debt written off within 30 days.

Back