Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

changing jets

WCF

Help Support WCF:

heyoh

I recently bought some fan jets from gardiner's along with the 3mm pencil jets to try out, but the ones fitted in my brush are stuck and i wouldn't want to damage them by trying to pull them out using pliers.

how do you guys change jets on your brushes?

btw i just realized i'd have to drill a bigger hole in the brush to be able to use the 3mm jet....... hmmm

We would use a 'drift' pin and tap it out with a hammer holding the brush head in the jaws of a vice. I have used a small bolt which is a slightly smaller diamt than the hole in the brush stock but bigger than the hole in the jet. The jet is pushed back from the bristle's side

I have just literally changed all my brushes to 3mm jets, I just pulled the 2mm ones out with pliers, nice and easy...

Hi heyoh

All of our jets use the same size jet holes in the brush so no need to drill a bigger hole.

Also most of our brushes have twin sets of holes to allow dual fitment of jets. This allows you to switch between jet types on different jobs.

As spruce has said if you do need to remove jets then knock them out from the bristle side by using a small bolt or drill bit and tapping them out with a hammer.

Thanks for that guys, I will give that a go.

I have a sill brush with just two holes on it unfortunately.

It could happen that a 'seized' jet in the brush stock may enlarge the size of the hole. The new jet will then be loose fitting. If this happens then the new jet can be glued in with some araldite rapid glue.

Back