Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is a controller necessary?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pump pressure has nothing to do with flow rate running a system without a controller can cause problems, read a few posts saying controller was causing problems shouldn't be if set correctly.

Hi PA. Mine was one of those posts you were probably referring to re a friend of mine. It does also read like it was my experience, so I will clarify. It isn't!

I was speaking about my friend's experience.

I've never run without a controller because I've never had problems that have made me want to try it. My friend, on the other hand, has or more than one occasion. So he disconnected them (he has a two man setup) and both he and his son found they prefer to work without them.

I've only blown fuses, (2 in 7yrs) with my first analogue one and the fuse was inline so was easy to sort. I carry spares now.

Until recently I've always run with my flow controller on full because if I turn it down the flow isn't sufficient to give the rinse I want at the speed at which I like to work. I don't know if that makes sense.:confused::confused: However, I was using 2mm pencil jets.

The last couple of days I've been trying fan jets and have found I can run them at 75% and still get an effective rinse at the pace at which I work. If I didn't have a controller I'd have to use a tap which as has been said would put stress on the pump which would also drain the battery quicker.

So, though you can run without one, I personally prefer to use one.

Back