Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

60'000 solar panels to clean! i need help setting up water fed systems?

luke andrews

so ive landed a contract cleaning one of the biggest solar farms around. im now setting up a full system with two poles and 1000litre tanks on a custome landrover beever tale. i need as much advice on brush heads pump and poles i can get. i have a budget of around 4000 and i have the tanks alreadys.

so ive landed a contract cleaning one of the biggest solar farms around. im now setting up a full system with two poles and 1000litre tanks on a custome landrover beever tale. i need as much advice on brush heads pump and poles i can get. i have a budget of around 4000 and i have the tanks alreadys.
looks like another one post wonder me thinks,luke, you've landed a big contract,wouldn't it have been prudent to research what is involved and the costs beforehand?-just me thinking out aloud

Wow full of help coming from this thread, personally wouldn't lay out big amounts of money to do my rounds before I got a big contact like this bit obviously you are all sitting there with vans loaded to the max of gear "just in case" you get a job!!

Anyway Luke, well done on winning the contract, do you want to produce pure from the van or are you loading the van with pure, if you are working all day the later would be the better option.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

When we got our first solar farm jobs we contacted the manufacturers and they said that using any kind of chemical on them would void all warranties! I'd stick with pure just to be on the safe side. Good luck, I know first hand how relentlessly unending it feels doing solar farms

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

why would i spend thousands or equipment without a signed contract? that is how people get shafted. i have been cleaning windows and panels on houses for years but i use a small set up, so i joined this forum to try get some help with a larger scale.

thanks hunty and poles apart, the contract is for pure water only, and im going to have 4 1000 litre cages tanks, are the called ibc's? or something like that and then i have a transfer pump to fill my truck tank daily.

whats the ideas on equipment?

Huge job there Luke. Please everyone remember you may have your opinions but please at least keep them constructive some would go about it this way some wouldnt. As the saying goes if you don't have anything nice to say then say nothing at all.

Luke asked a question, if you feel you can offer advice then do so. If you feel you can't or don't agree then your answer is unlikely to be helpful to the original question.

Last edited by a moderator:
ring me if you want real advise I cant be arsed to write it all on here , and 60,000 is know where near one of the biggest around ! we have one that's three sites in one with 130,0000 panels on it yours is just a baby

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you considered using hot water? I know nothing about solar cleaning but with only pure I would imagine it make for faster work. Good luck mate

How do you guys price domestic solar panels? If you don't mind me asking. In the process of setting up WFP Windows and gutter clearance . Hadn't thought about solar panels until I saw this thread [emoji1]

I can't see the point in doing them. Seems a lot of endless graft to me. Easier to do domestic roofs etc..

I think what the other guys were trying to say with the equipment is that they would have researched cost of parts and method prior to quoting as that would be a major factor in the quote itself as brushes etc will need replacing/repairing over time. I think it's great that you have got and I don't think anyone looking to criticise. We don't want the company laughing at you when they have an amazing deal and you working for peanuts. I think that's what the messages were trying to reflect. Good luck

So done some calcs, each panel would take 2 mins @89p per panel. That's roughly 50 weeks so by the time your done you go again, good point is your getting paid £49,800 minus expenses. You will require 30,000 litres of water.. my mate & his employee did 600 Panels in 5 hours & used 300 litres of water & charged 0.83p per panel, so I've gone off this.. it's a good guide.

Last edited:
Back