Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any Ones wife Got M.E How do you cope with work?

WJCN64

Im Just wondering if anyone is in the same situation its just difficult as my round is over 2k a month and having to not work cos the wife cant deal with the baby is Blippin tough! anyone else iu the same situatiuon?

Hi mate sorry to hear you and your family are are having a tough time at the moment. The thing about your work is you can not be in two places at one time, Do you have family & friends combined with some payed child care who can help with looking after the baby while you work so your wife can have a break, also it would probably be a good idea to have a chat with your doctor who will be able to put you in contact with some local support groups.

Maybe she could join an ME forum where she can get some support advise from other ME sufferers... Depression and all the horrid things that come with it can become a major factor in any long term illness, So try to keep your wife happy and interested in life, are there things interests/hobbies she used to enjoy doing, maybe try to get her re interested in something again just to take her mind of the every day drudgery of life.

Crimbo is not far away maybe making some cimbo decorations and cards and stuff things that she can do and feel like she has achieved something.Have some easy to prepare meals in the freezer so she cook her man dinner...be clever and help her feel good about herself...don't forget to tell her you love her./emoticons/wink.png

wjcn sorry mate life can be very hard sometimes.

My wife suffered with fibro myalgia which is like m.e

going to a support group helped us and my wife also went to a herbalist and got lots of praying in church.

Good news is she is now 100 percent better.

I know how hard it can be mate ivanbigtoe giving great advice.

Dont lose hope mate

Sounds like life is getting on top of you. Sometimes you get to a point where you just want to explode, not at anyone, but in general. This is how i feel at the moment. I have a 17 year old with special needs, she takes up a lot of my time, plus i have my window cleaning, plus i run the house hold, i sort all bills/most dinners/cleaning,school appointments, i feel i get very little help, but then im not the type to ask for it. But sometimes, life really do get on top of me, at this present moment in time, i just want to go to bed,(6pm) i feel physically and mentally worn out, My son is 15 and pure lazy, but he gets away with it, as he has his gcse coming up in this academic year.

So i know how you feel, life is a biatch sometimes, and there is nothing you can do.

Hope you get things sorted, maybe look into a crech a couple of times a week.

ps) its my daughter on left in my photo, as she looks so normal, i constantly having to explain about her condition. (she is 17 with a 7 year old brain)

M.E. is a long term issue and there is no diagnosis for it. Over time other conditions are discounted and finally she will be labeled an M.E. sufferer. They aren’t even sure what triggers it – some indicate that a childhood virus could be to blame.

From your brief statement I would doubt this is M.E. related. If it has come on after the baby has been born, then I would ask if this isn’t a form of Postnatal Depression.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/x3452/what-are-the-signs-of-postnatal-depression

A neighbor in South Africa suffered from this, but she had it in the extreme – wanted to kill the baby.

wjcn sorry mate life can be very hard sometimes.My wife suffered with fibro myalgia which is like m.e

going to a support group helped us and my wife also went to a herbalist and got lots of praying in church.

Good news is she is now 100 percent better.

I know how hard it can be mate ivanbigtoe giving great advice.

Dont lose hope mate
Thanks mate realy means allot to me, my wifes got fibro as well it flares up this time of year even more than usual with the drop in pressure, i describe it to people as a 21 year old in a 70 year old body.... she does use some herbal kits that you can get i don't know if she uses it allot but its something i gess its just this year compared to last year, more work + baby wow that's made me grow up a hell of allot!

Fibromyalgia and ME have very similar symptoms but e treatments are very different. I suffer from fibromyalgia, took ages to pin it down. Doctor went through my family history. Usually you will have one or the other. Speak to your doctor and look up support groups. Getting support from others is needed. The doctor can keep track of depression and sleeping patterns. Cutting out dairy products and eating plenty of fruit and veg will lift your spirits. There are some crazy claims on internet that people can cure it if you give them your life savings.

Did your wife have ME before the baby?

yes shes had it from age 16, officialy she diagnosed with Fibro, and on the m.e support web site she was all of those sympoms of M.E as well, its all in her family her mother, and two sisters have M.E she has had different medications I E antidepressants etc which she doesn't take anymore because they made her to "lifeless" in general so its an ongoing battle i gess ....

And this is why i love this forum and you guys!!

A bunch of decent people honestly caring about someone else and sharing your experiences and advice.

Life can most certainly get on top of us all at times. My wife has struggled for years with what she thinks and the Drs think is M.E but apparently not many get an official diagnosis.

Latest Posts

Back