Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatories

WCF

Help Support WCF:

As for the car brush I've found they can come in handy too but a wee bit short on most conservatory roofs I do.

That brush will screw directly onto a 5m harris pole (acme thread) though if you need a longer reach. :Image9:

I use these chepo £3 2ltr sprayers from tesco as I've found I only need to use very little ubik so don't need a large 5ltr sprayer. http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-2l-pressure-sprayer/213-4667.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=213-4667
Yea, I've got one mate. I remember seeing one in one of your pictures and I remember thinking 'ah, same sprayer as me' /emoticons/smile.png
I use it for applying ubik to window frames etc but, the whole point of me buying this brush etc is so that I can do con roofs...surely you don't use this hand sprayer to apply ubik to the roof ?

As for the car brush I've found they can come in handy too but a wee bit short on most conservatory roofs I do.

That brush will screw directly onto a 5m harris pole (acme thread) though if you need a longer reach. :Image9:
Ah, that's interesting then as I really want to be able to clean guttering, facia's etc but was willing to just go with that short pole for now for con roofs.

Like I said before I use very little ubik as there is no need to spray loads onto a conservatory roof

Yea, I've got one mate. I remember seeing one in one of your pictures and I remember thinking 'ah, same sprayer as me' /emoticons/smile.png

I use it for applying ubik to window frames etc but, the whole point of me buying this brush etc is so that I can do con roofs...surely you don't use this hand sprayer to apply ubik to the roof ?

Hmm....so maybe if I get the 7lt version(which I was originally thinking), and use it mainly for applying water. I have a 25lt jerry can that I carry in my car and can fill with spare water. Maybe I might have to look into producing pure water at some point after all.

So, just to recap, if I go and buy that sprayer, I just need to buy that brush(monday) and then some garden type hose and a couple of hozelock(female) connectors ?

Then I can get another Harris pole and the other tubing at a later date.

Best to connect that car brush to a garden hose reel and then use the customers outside tap. Simples

For glass just trad it for now until you can produce pure water.

Do you live in a hard or soft water area?

Best to connect that car brush to a garden hose reel and then use the customers outside tap. Simples

For glass just trad it for now until you can produce pure water.

Do you live in a hard or soft water area?
I wouldn't have a clue about the hard/soft water Smurf.
I see you mention the outside tap quite often but, I really don't see many of them at all, surely a customer wouldn't object to just using a kitchen tap for the sake of getting their job done...or am I missing something ?

I would always trad glass mate as I'm....a tradder lol but, I can't trad the roof can I which is the reason for my posting. I was talking about the pure water for spotting reasons etc but for now, I was just thinking of using tap water and then throwing a couple of scrims over the end of my pole and wiping the finsihed roof down to avoid the water marks etc.

I'm only thinking of this setup for con roofs and maybe guttering/facia's etc at some point but, the rest of the conservatory including frames/glass etc, would be done trad...spray ubik and rinse off with a bucket of water and a cloth...that's how I do window frames. Although now you mention it, it would probably be better to hose the rest too if using a customers tap.....hmm....I don't know what I want now lol, I'm all over the place with thoughts, it would be better to do the whole conservatory with the brush now thinking about it surely....lol, there are quite a few avenues to this job actually isn't there ?
xImage16.png.pagespeed.ic.UHn5dS-CrR.png
xImage13.png.pagespeed.ic.J8CNSnfRDV.png

I've edited(added to) this post 3 times now lol.....the question is, do I go and buy that sprayer now(they shut at 7pm) or, do I sleep on it.....

Mart.

Doh! I answered your un edited post...and yes using a wfp and tap water may make it easier for you to do.

Time to have a beer methinks and give your brain a rest for tonight.

Yea, cheers for your help mate. That store's open tomorrow if I decide to get one(would really welcome Dodgers view to be honest).

Gonna have a coffee as it's too early for the lager /emoticons/smile.png and watch the rest of the footie.

Cheers again....

Mart.

Just going though Wagga's video's again, I thought I'd post this:-

as it's along the recent lines of this thread.

Mart.

Latest Posts

Back