Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Extreme or Ultimate brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

Anyone use or used the gardiner extreme or ultimate brushes if so any good? which one would you highly recommend and do they last well?

currently using xline mono which are really good but heavy

They are 2 very different poles no ? Extreme more lightweight for everyday use

The ultimate or high work I'm sure at them prices u cud go to gardiner and get to grips with hem to see wat u think

Thanks for reply but was asking about the brushes mate, I use slx and happy with those poles but trying to find the right brush, cheers though

not used the ultimate, but was going to order one next..the extreme is very light but mine was shot in 3 months. still, i would get another as they are so light

i think the ultimate is meant to last longer

I've used extremes in the past but for me they just didn't last. The bristles quickly went out of shape and made it difficult to get right in the corners. They were nice while they lasted though. As I have quite a lot of leaded work mixed in with my work I decided to try the Ultimate flocked when it came out. So far I'm loving it. If it proves to have a reasonable life it my just become my favourite. It works very well on a swivel as well.

Ive used the Ultimate brush for the first time today. Nice brush, Similar to the 'Super lite' brush only, well... more light. lol'

The Ultimate is around the same weight as the Supreme brush.

The Extreme brush is lighter but doesn't last long.

Ultimate brush is the best , Been using mine 7 weeks now and its a great all rounder I now wouldn't waste my money on a Xtreme they used to last me 8 weeks at the most .

The Ultimate is still going strong I am a bit heavy handed and catch window reveals and this brush takes the knocks , I have rotated the brush to make it last longer as well I normally do this once every 4 weeks .

Iv just got a couple of ultimate medium soft brushes seem nice but I seem to catch the glass with the top edge of the stock sometimes like you I tend to put a lot of pressure on the glass.

what about supreme vs ultimate - whats the difference?
Not much at all really from first impressions. The Ultimate has square edges which I prefer a little more to the supreme, which has more rounded edges.

There are slightly more soft bristles in the centre of the Ultimate than the supreme too (medium soft brush)

Anyone use or used the gardiner extreme or ultimate brushes if so any good? which one would you highly recommend and do they last well?
currently using xline mono which are really good but heavy
Xline brush heavy? Lol

Can't say I've noticed that, my mate uses gardiner brushes, there ok but think the range is total over kill IMO and there to make you spend £££ all you really need is a first clean brush, a good daily and maybe a flocked for leaded.

The ones he uses I find too narrow compared to xline ones.

Not sure if there much lighter never thought about it as most decent brushes are light enough to work with.

what about supreme vs ultimate - whats the difference?
i just bought one of each both medium the ultimate is alittle bit wider and its got more of the tougher bristles in the center the supreme splays out more and is a little smaller i would go for the ultimate but both are good

Ultimate flock and medium soft for me I do wear the flocks out quite quickly due to so many leaded windows.

I have the ultimate in the flocked and the medium. They are nice and light, but I hardly use them. I prefer to use a flocked or medium sill brush. This is just so I can get onto the sill better for a thorough clean. How do you guys with the ultimates and the extremes get on with them cleaning the sills ? I presume you don't lower the pole and adjust the angle just for the sill ? Maybe I'm missing a trick.

I have the ultimate in the flocked and the medium. They are nice and light, but I hardly use them. I prefer to use a flocked or medium sill brush. This is just so I can get onto the sill better for a thorough clean. How do you guys with the ultimates and the extremes get on with them cleaning the sills ? I presume you don't lower the pole and adjust the angle just for the sill ? Maybe I'm missing a trick.
I use a bumper on my brushes to stop scraping the sills, I just raise my arms and lift pole horizontal as high as I can and wipe sills.

Back