Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Extreme or Ultimate brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have the ultimate in the flocked and the medium. They are nice and light, but I hardly use them. I prefer to use a flocked or medium sill brush. This is just so I can get onto the sill better for a thorough clean. How do you guys with the ultimates and the extremes get on with them cleaning the sills ? I presume you don't lower the pole and adjust the angle just for the sill ? Maybe I'm missing a trick.
I use a swivel and for me I just haven't been able to use the sill brush and swivel together. However, the swivel and Ultimate brushes work well together and I do the same as Den for the ledges. If a customer prefers more then I do as you've suggested. Adjust the angle of the brush at the angle adapter. At the moment, I have one customer out of about 400 that prefers me to do that. I can accommodate that.

If ever I were to use the sill brushes I'd have to go back to a fixed neck and move the jets as I really don't like the angle at which they spray out.

This is the Gardiner sill brushes I'm talking about here. I have no experience of others

I have the ultimate in the flocked and the medium. They are nice and light, but I hardly use them. I prefer to use a flocked or medium sill brush. This is just so I can get onto the sill better for a thorough clean. How do you guys with the ultimates and the extremes get on with them cleaning the sills ? I presume you don't lower the pole and adjust the angle just for the sill ? Maybe I'm missing a trick.
I don't do sills unless they mention it, even then most customers lean out of window and do it themselves, they must think I can't and rag them themselves

Cheers for yr replies.

I may get some stock bumpers and give the ultimate another go.

I use a swivel on my Gardiner sill brush on one of my poles. I find it is ok, I just do the connection up nice and tight so that it doesn't flop around too much.

For me, wfp is all about a good thorough clean, so I would never not do the sills. I wouldn't want to knowingly give any customers cause for complaint.

Going back to xline possibly with rinse bar. The ultimate is good but not enough splay for me personally finally decided xline the best for me and last ages. But gardener for poles all the way... tried loads of brushes but xline best imo plus go with my business colours so bonus lol

Problem with too much splay is it's not good on modern leaded glass unless the brush is flocked. I find the Ultimates have just the right balance for my work

Latest Posts

Back