Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spreader plate what are they and do I need them.

BigFoot

I'm bolting a 400 ltr all in one into my van this week and have noticed that people talk about spreader plates for bolting water tanks. I've not got a clue what they are or how they are installed or if needed. Opinions please, pros, cons if any. The van is a low milage 1.8D Renault Kangoo I anticipate to carry 250-300ltr I have a 525 payload to play with I'm 80kg.

Cheers.

Spreader plate is a big plate of strong steel which goes under the hole drilled in the floor and then bolted through so it spreads the load in an impact stopping the bolt from just ripping through the floor as the stress on the 1 spot has been spread into a bigger area

Harder on a kangoo as it has a false floor and then a void and then the lower floor as it is built on the kangoo car chassis so you need to cut a portion of the floor out and weld it back in once it has been reinforced with spreader plates with the nuts welded on so you can then bolt the tank down from above

A decent garage can do that for cheap

Last edited by a moderator:
Spreader plate is a big plate of strong steel which goes under the hole drilled in the floor and then bolted through so it spreads the load in an impact stopping the bolt from just ripping through the floor as the stress on the 1 spot has been spread into a bigger area
Harder on a kangoo as it has a false floor and then a void and then the lower floor as it is built on the kangoo car chassis so you need to cut a portion of the floor out and weld it back in once it has been reinforced with spreader plates with the nuts welded on so you can then bolt the tank down from above

A decent garage can do that for cheap
Thanks daveyboy I think it was either a post of yours or a comment you made on another thread that got me thinking. Cheers!

Latest Posts

Back