Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whirlaway failure

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

Was at the start of a job so hooked up the whirlaway but could not figure out when I pressed the trigger no water was coming through. Went to change over to the lance to make sure water was getting through the washer ok but could not undo the hose because the line was pressurised. So had another look at the whirlaway thinking the trigger was knackered but seemed to be moving ok. I then looked to see if the jets were ok only to find one of them was blocked with what looked like a broken O ring sticking out of it.

Now I was stuffed I thought as could not get any of the hose connections undone due to the line still being under pressure so thought this is a great start to the day.

Anyhow to cut a long story short in the end I managed to unscrew the hose connector from the whirlaway but took most of my strength to get that sucker undone. Was a bloody good job it was a karcher screw type hose connection on that end or I would have been well and truly stuffed.:rolleyes:

shi t happens...the strangest things occur for no apparent reason somedays...me been okay for a while ...my time will come....:eek: hopefully not for a while...did you shout why me.?...thats what i always do...

and all the time the clock is ticking....

shi t happens...the strangest things occur for no apparent reason somedays...me been okay for a while ...my time will come....:eek: hopefully not for a while...did you shout why me.?...thats what i always do...
and all the time the clock is ticking....
Know what you mean cnc, the turn thing on my tap snapped off today. I was going round with it in my teeth, ready to slot it on and turn the water off. Good job I bought a spare one.

Trigger seems to work fine just the jets were blocked.:rolleyes:

Tonight I took them out and cleared the blockage, flushed water through the trigger to see the water flow clear on the jet bar then put the them back in (with new plumbers tape).

Fingers crossed all fixed now & ready for tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Yep shite happens @Tuffers /emoticons/biggrin.png

Thought I better attempt to fix that one tonight or would be thrown in the garage with another broken one just gathering dust.

Know what you mean cnc, the turn thing on my tap snapped off today. I was going round with it in my teeth, ready to slot it on and turn the water off. Good job I bought a spare one.

Latest Posts

Back