Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

behind on work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Haha! Cnc

Reminds me of my mate. He had a house he got so far behind on.

Knocks on the door, .... Hello mr xxxxxx, how are you?

Not to good mate,

-Ah ok how come......

Still recovering from my quadruple bypass 2 months ago

- god, sorry to hear that........ I have been knocking....... I'm guessing your were in hospital

:laugh:

I'm all bang on target

Taking the morning off to go buy son a bike down in Hackney

I've found most don't have a clue when they are next due anyway as it's the last thing on their minds being busy ppl to think about their windows.
Spot on the only ones who seem to keep tabs are the few older customer who has the date marked on the Callander some look at this as them being old and a lack of understanding when they dig you up for being even a day late but I tend to think allot of the time the window cleaner is the highlight of the month for them to which they look forward to but it can be frustrating when its been raining all month and you get dug up for being a bit late.

Finally did a count up of how many cleans I am behind on and after deleting 11 that 'can just wait till next month' I still have 27 which really need doing. Bit overwhelming but of all the problems I could have in life I am very very grateful for this kind /emoticons/smile.png

Don't know how you do it @daveyboy1

With Easter & the bank hols plus the rain & winds we've had I think it's amazing how people have kept up. Mind you I refuse to work weekends. I'm not that conscious & I have chap who works with me 5 days a week so even if I lost 100 customers I'd just knock his days down so no concerns really & can always tell a few fibs. Car broke sick grannies had food poisoning dog ate my schedule. Oh there's loads of fibs to use.

I am busy but not too busy

Was less busy daily before i changed to a proper 5 week round rather than monthly..don't sound much different but the extra couple of days and condensing a spread out round down to areas has made me a week off this week coming

Clear view only a couple of days behind and you lost a couple that sucks mate you'd be better of without.

Spot on the only ones who seem to keep tabs are the few older customer who has the date marked on the Callander some look at this as them being old and a lack of understanding when they dig you up for being even a day late but I tend to think allot of the time the window cleaner is the highlight of the month for them to which they look forward to but it can be frustrating when its been raining all month and you get dug up for being a bit late.

Double spot on,

The older custys are the only ones that really care..

I am always behind, even after a couple of customer culls. Most custies dont seem to mind, although I do have a sizeable minority who get a bit uptight about me being late......one bloke rang me yesterday asking if I would be round soon or does he need to start looking for another windy!.

On the issue of taking new custies on when you already have full books......my rule is that I only take them on if they are neighbours or on the same street.....all with a view to condensing the round.

As I sit here typing this I am falling further behind, but I cant help the rain that is currently piling down outside!

I have yet to Experience too Fall behind (only 80 Custy and 3 months in) but i have fixed days for my City/Areas so that for example i am 2 days in each area every 4 weeks. This Works good as i am buliding up for four filled days a week and Then leave friday to catch up and or do Extra jobs or just have the Day off /emoticons/smile.png

my custys Then also have a calender with date of clean for all year Then they book Them self in When they need the inside doing, but considering getting rid off this because i feel it is gonna bite my a** some Day

I did a job yesterday that was three weeks behind and she brought me out a cup of tea and said, "It can't be a month already can it?"

She isn't even monthly, its done every six weeks. You got to love them.............

I got rid of the line "your next clean is...." on the notes I leave through the door. It's made it easier to be behind as they have no idea when I'm due!

It's ok Jacob until you get busy
yes i know this, it has already been a problem once. So over the weekend i have change from fixed day to fixed weeks and put several rounds in that week instead. bonus is my days are now more compact :)

I did the same

Was doing monthly but changed to 5 weekly

10 week rota on my pc to be able to put the 2 monthlys in and just print off on a sunday what I havefor that week

That way if i have a good day inam ahead for the week

I use excel as i am good with fomulas etc to work out what is outstanding etc

Imo no need for software

I did the sameWas doing monthly but changed to 5 weekly

10 week rota on my pc to be able to put the 2 monthlys in and just print off on a sunday what I havefor that week

That way if i have a good day inam ahead for the week
did you let your customers know by letter for example or did you just change over and Work like nothing happend? did your custys even notice?

Didn't say anything as i tried to stick to the same daye etc when i was monthly.but hadn't told custys anyway

When i went 5 weekly i just mentioned it in passing when talking to customers

Back