No gear and no idea

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Knoxy, Mar 11, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Help :shy: Just bought my van this week, a Citroen dispatch. I'm looking to have a wfp system fitted for myself to work from, I live in a hard water area and need some advice as to what type of systems will be suitable for me.
    I'll be starting off doing residential jobs and maybe looking at getting some industrial contracts if things go well in the future.
    What sort of price should I be looking to pay?
    I've spoken with Pure Freedom and they recommended me a complete set up ready to go and make some money for £3100
    Has anyone used one of their systems and how would you rate it?
    Any advice would be great thanks.
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

Mate seriously have alook at mark m's videos in tutorials and tips on how to build tour own DIY system very informative and everything you need, plus a whole lot easier on the pocket. [hr]
    As for the no idea u should post one question at a time and you will get them answered no problem at all.

Also the hard water area you are going to need a RO sysyem ( reverse osmosis) to soften the water up a bit before it hits your DI vessel.
  3. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I personally would go for a diy system, it would be much cheaper. If you want to find out more about this, pm me.
    In a hard water area, you will need to be using r/o and di for purification. If you have a shed or garage, a static system would be a good idea, that way, you can make your pure water at home, then transfer it into your van.
    Jamie at 'my little cleaning company' has just had a pure freedom system installed, i'm sure he will be along to tell you more soon.
  4. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Iv done it diy cost me around £700 for a 250 tank and all the bits without a ro system

with a ro system u prob be looking more around 1k with a nice size tank as well

personally i wouldn't pay someone to fit a system.
  5. Paul

Paul Guest

If I ever go wfp I will build my own system, set it up how you want it in your van and I would enjoy the process aswell love doing little projects like that.
  6. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

It isnt hard mate, and while some will go on about lack of safety, that doesnt need to be an issue, even if just using straps (although i would recommend having a frame made up). Utilize your van's load securing points, they are already there, and are strengthened for the purpose.
  7. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    To be honest...I've been fitting my own van system this weekend. I'm not very good at stuff like this (but it is working so I must be ok!) and never done anything like it before and I've managed fine.

Once you read up on what you need to do, I'm sure you could do it. Mine will be fitted out for less than £400...all new stuff (already have pole tho).

Worth reading up on.
  8. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

The actual setting up of the system is very easy, certainly with di only. Just need to hook your pump up to a power supply, via a pump controller, connect the hoses and you are off. It is the securing of the tank you need to worry about. Mine has a made to measure frame, which lines up with the load securing points. But some are happy to just use straps, which can be ok, as long as you do it right!. The key is you need more than just one strap going across the tank from side to side, as in the event of an accident, the tank is just going to slide right out from under the strap, not good!. You would ideally need another two, positioned to stop forward and backward movement.
  9. mark m

mark m Hero

Feb 22, 2012

My set up cost £320 knoxy i used the same pump and varistream as purefreedom just a few 1000`s cheaper it is very easy to do
  10. Paul

Paul Guest

No probs pal ;)

What's the chances of you starting a thread with what kit you got and where you got it with a few prices, I think it would be really helpful, because when I come to do it I would struggle with finding the kit, if that's not to much to ask cheers mark