Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JDMW

right i plan on strampping a flat bed tank in my van. But i wanna put ply inside to partion off the front and the back so i have wood partition behind me so nothing can come foward if i brake hard. is this classed as a mod on the insurance?? as some vans have it and others dont i noticed?

yeh looked but there 180 quid on ebay. i was gunna get some ply to section it off, then i can bolt my water pump to it and other things.

Cheaper to go to a car/van dismantler (scrap yard) where you can pick up parts like that for peanuts

Without knowing exactly where you live and not knowing the area I can't help you 100%

But did a search for you if this helps?

https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=car+breakers+oxfordshire&oq=car+breakers+oxfordshire&gs_l=serp.1.0.0j0i7i30l2j0i5i30.28406.33099.2.35818.12.12.0.0.0.0.165.1536.1j11.12.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.6.serp.DJUpo0qdXOc&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=2a8a0120b4a2eb6&biw=1366&bih=599

hey dont want to be a killjoy but u need a bulk head or cage fitting

as that will be the thing that saves your life if u was every to have a serious accident, all the weigh in the back of the van could come forward into you.

bit of plywood isnt going to stop it,

spend the money and be safe.

whats that big black grid thing behind the drivers seat? goes from roof to floor but only behind the driver??

i dont think a bulkhead would save any1 lol

just iamgine braking and hitting a car.... with 250 litres in your tank.... imagine the force pushing ! nothign would stop taht

the force is very heavy ! and i mean heavy

i dont think a bulkhead would save any1 lol
just iamgine braking and hitting a car.... with 250 litres in your tank.... imagine the force pushing ! nothign would stop taht

the force is very heavy ! and i mean heavy
i would hope tank would be straped or bolted down,
im taking about other stuff flying around in the van like hose reels that arnt normally sercured or even blades aplicators batterys els els els

no different to a car tho. i rather have a tank than 10 barrels lol. straps will hold it dwn. ill secure everything even hose reels. will be my weekly project. ill have it set up by sat and pics up /emoticons/smile.png

ive got my 350l tank coming tomorrow from purefreedom so i will be refitting my van too this week ,

will 350 be ok? i dunno what to get tbh. flatbed tank tho. when i insured it the quote said it had 3 seats but partners dnt have 3 do they thats experts i thought.

ive been using a 250 baffled flatbed tank the last 3 years and just straped it down at the anchor points in my van and its been fine

only problem with flatbed tanks is they take alot of room up if your using a smaller van, i have a 2004 vauxhall combo. and there wasnt loads of floor space left

Back