Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO - Best any Opinions

WCF

Help Support WCF:

terry2sheds

I am thinking of buying a Merlin PRF RO 720 - system - Has anybody got an opinion - do they produce 700 gallons per day under normal 40 psi domestic pressure - or is it sales hype - I need about 1000 litres a day - has anybody got any views - feedback appreciated thanks Terry

I have been looking at these as well, the old version was terrible from what I can gather, but the new is supposed to be good, but hard to find any decent information.

A moderator on another forum has recently purchased one. Here was his 'review.'

Just finished installing my new R/O. It is a Pentair PRF-RO and is so easy-peasy that that even I can do it.

It's about 345TDS in and 004 out and the inlet pressure gauge now reads 65-70 psi on 1/2" tubing in and 3/8" tubing out. I get about 70 litres an hour of pure which is more than adequate.

The old RO-Man type (nominal 300gpd) started at about 009 out on 80 psi on 1/4" tubing and gave about 20 litres an hour of pure.

Now I would never have believed the efficiency of this new Merlin replacement as the previous ones were very inefficient. He's happy, although he does have higher than usual water pressure.

It will easily supply 1000 liters a day (24 hours).

Another cleaner in town has the old Merlin. As our water can be badly laden with sediment he has fitted a 10" inline sediment prefilter before r/o to prevent sediment blocking the carbon block prefilter.

This r/o has 3 chambers, the 1st is a carbon block filter and the other 2 are for the membranes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny you said that as soon as get back off hol I'm ordering a merlin prf for second van which lad will fill at his house

Not sure if I'll run a booster and inline sediment filter

Will see

One thing I no the new merlin has got a good review off large window cleaner round my way says it's good

How much are your water bills when your filling up tanks using ego I always thought it cost loads each time the water bill comes

Gents - That Merlin PRF is "The Dogs" - excellent bit of kit - 350 in 7 out - 0 out when using a DI vessel - 100 litres per hour - I paid an extra £20 to have it pre built and I think it was worth it rather than faffing around - highly recommend

Gents - That Merlin PRF is "The Dogs" - excellent bit of kit - 350 in 7 out - 0 out when using a DI vessel - 100 litres per hour - I paid an extra £20 to have it pre built and I think it was worth it rather than faffing around - highly recommend
Where did you purchase it

Are you using a prefilter

Whats your waste to pure ratio if you don't mind me asking @terry2sheds

Back