Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

40 ppm and D/i

• Thread starter The window cleaning kid
  • Start date
T

The window cleaning kid

Hi all, I am looking to set the van up next year with a 350 Ltr tank and 11ltr Di, so not wanting to use R/o.

At the moment I'm using a trolley and small r/o in the garden.

The 40ppm will be coming from rain water and will use my small R/O when it stops raining.

I am wondering how long the Resin will last with water at 40 ppm and if this will be cost affective.

If any one ells runs this setup and can give some insight as to how many ltrs or houses before Resin change that would be great thanks.

40ppm for rainwater is a bit high, the rainwater I collect and store comes out at around 7ppm. Might be worth cleaning the roof a bit and guttering as that will help with resin consumption. I'm not the best to give advice on resin use as I only clean twice a week - but my last lot (8ltrs) lasted me a year with just rainwater

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

40ppm for rainwater is a bit high, the rainwater I collect and store comes out at around 7ppm. Might be worth cleaning the roof a bit and guttering as that will help with resin consumption. I'm not the best to give advice on resin use as I only clean twice a week - but my last lot (8ltrs) lasted me a year with just rainwater

Well I had it down to 10 last year when started thinking about the move over too harvesting. But cleaned the gutters a couple of weeks ago and ended up with 40 after a big down pore, you can imagine my disappointment.

Will have another go in the next few days when Storm Barbie hits.

Think your right and a roof clean is in store, time I popped my cherry with roof cleaning.

cheers.

Also would it be a big expensive pain in the back side if I should want to ad 4040 Ro later on.

Would I need a bigger pump, as I'm looking at first setting up with 100psi 5.2lpm Shurflo Diaphragm Pump.

Thers a pretty decent roof cleaner or two on here - maybe they should throw you a quote [emoji106]

Switching to a 4040 is a sooner rather than later investment in my eyes, I don't think a shurflo pump is any good for RO production but if your water pressure is decent enough you might not need a booster pump if you get a HF5 membrane. Eviestevie did a write up not long ago for a very cost effective 4040 set up

Back