Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new to the game! !

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes, sounds fair, when the neightbours of the 35 customers see you're doing a good job you'll double it! /emoticons/smile.png
I hope so I work In a factory too i hate plus i have young family so balancing between 2 jobs is difficult i hope 1 day i can become full time...

How to get more work is a difficult thing to quantify. And, the way you can drum up extra work seems to depend on where you are working, I think.

I've tried both of the basic methods so far. Knocking on doors and dropping fliers. They work, to an extent. But, I've found that the best way to drum up business is visibility!! Once you get a new customer on a new Rd/Street/ Avenue make sure that you return as regular as clockwork and KEEP returning. People WILL see you. Once they see you the are likely to ask you to do their windows. I have often worked a road with a cul-de-sac off of it and never had work in the cul-de-sac. But, once one gets sold, the new owners will find you. Once they do you will be walking up and down that cul-de sac once or twice a month. Then other people will see you and they will come and ask too. BUT, they will ask their neighbour first if you are any good or not. So the trick is, when you get a job do it properly!!!!

Derbyshire where abouts?thats my patch go on there and there will be trouble!!!have you seen my avatar well I'm like that but bigger:mad:
Thanks for the dislike spring bay

Was only a joke there was a thread about patch wars the over day and I said anyone can clean windows any where they want it's a free world

I even help the new windies out in my area

And give them tools lol

If your going survive on the forum you need to get used to the banter lol

I do apologise Eviestevie took it to heart as in previous conversation iv had quite few threats which has made me think bout giving up as I'm just trying to support my family but these windys round local area font see it that way again sincere apologies. ...

Just ignore um pal there is no such thing as patches

Every homeowner has the right to decide who carried out work on there property period!!

I only had it once I was round back doing a new house and the old windy turned up and told lad to fetch me

The look when I walked round lol he shrank to a cm

There's no such thing as a patch mate, so just tell them to do one! If you get a custy that doesn't have a windy then it's up to them to say yes or no, your not taking customers off people and even if you were its again up to the customer to choose who they want (but then you need to ask why they want a change). You'll do fine as long as you do a good job, visibility and a professional look helps no end, knock doors, offer other services such as gutter clears (surprising the amount of Windies that don't do it) Facebook is a great tool if used correctly.

And yes you need to get used to the banter on here mate, Everyone is friendly and here to help, I've only been on here for a few months myself and have been given great advice.

[quote=

Thanks iv delivered 600 flyers in 6 weeks only had 10 replys so quite bad result so door knocking is best bet fsce to face interaction is good

10 for 600 is not a bad result, you'd have a full time round after one solid week of flyering for this return.

Can't believe the whole patches thing exists, I though it was a myth?

Not had any issues round my way, no one has said a thing, but if they do just laugh at them and ignore it, to be honest if someone told me that a certain estate was "his" I would go out of my way to make it "mine" lol

Not had any issues round my way, no one has said a thing, but if they do just laugh at them and ignore it, to be honest if someone told me that a certain estate was "his" I would go out of my way to make it "mine" lol
Oh you should see how it works over here in The Netherlands, people get kicked off their ladder regularly and fights ocassionally too, stabbing tyres, not a friendly enviroment to work in I can tell you. Coming into someones town is a huge no no

Thats why I was so shocked while working in the UK for two years, I had a windy next to the house I was cleaning and looked at my boss like :eek: Hell no he did just do that!

But my boss just greeted him and had a chat, youll never see that over here. hahaha

I prefer it the english way though /emoticons/smile.png

Not on my patch you wouldn't boyo

Spring bay.....keep a close eye on all the new estates that are being built. As soon as houses on there have been sold, keep a very close eye and canvass as soon as people move in. Keep visiting these estates regularly, so you know exactly what is happening with regards to people moving in. I did the same with one new estate and ended up with every house (bar 2) on my books.

I have just looked on rightmove and there are a few new estates in your area. Get stuck in there.

http://www.barratthomes.co.uk/new-homes/derbyshire/H564101-Octavia-Gardens/

http://www.barratthomes.co.uk/new-homes/derbyshire/H613301-Becket's-Brow/

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/Buxton.html

[Thanks ks TE=Fairy, post: 275016, member: 8584]Goodluck mate, quality is the key, know its cringe but it really is. Canvass loads and hard work will pay off, wish you the best of luck /emoticons/wink.png
Thanks iv delivered 600 flyers in last 7 weeks only got 10 replies

Thanks iv delivered 600 flyers in 6 weeks only had 10 replys so quite bad result so door knocking is best bet fsce to face interaction is good

10 replys for 600 is GOOD!!! just think,if you dole out 6000 youd have 100 replies . keep on doling them out is my tip

you seen my avatar well I'm like that but bigger
Don't sweat it Spring he always miss spells. He meant fatter not bigger /emoticons/tongue.png

As for idiots threatening you don't sweat it it's all hot air. I had it three times in 7 years. Just tell them to jog on and they leave you be.

I love an afternoon stroll around Buxton Pavilion. Come out there sometimes for the toy fairs.

10 replies for 600 is very good. thats only about 4-5 hours leafletting, if your honestly getting that response i would be out everyday just smashing them out should be picking up 50 a week!

i average about 1 per 300 from leaflets

You probably hit a area swamped with windies

Goes like that I'm sure you'll get the work and the more work you get leads to other work

Back