Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Calling Brodex - Are You Trying To Kill Us Off?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No problem...just having a laugh /emoticons/smile.png .
Love a bit of banter no worries try not to on forums as sense of humour can get lost in translation in 2d if you know what I mean

Indeed....

That's certainly a conflict of interest with Brodex. It's fine to sell to one company and then sell to their competitor but by deliberately undermining a professional window cleaner isn't right.

Oops! What have I started? :rolleyes:
Calm yourself smurf I'm mad as a hatter and probably the least likely to take offence but possibly the one most likely to be miss understood during an exchange of banter

I see what your talking about now!

I get that they are putting a plug in the market, but they are at the same time undermining loads of there own customers who are regular window cleaners.

This part of there website is a joke... This is the same quality equipment that the operators that you may currently subcontract to use, we are the industry leaders in high level cleaning technology, it is such an easy technique, training can be given in minutes to unskilled operatives.

This part: we are the industry leaders in high level cleaning technology I think not!

I am not happy. At this BRODEX link' date=' you can see 'THE industry leaders in high level cleaning technology' trying to kill off a potentially huge part of their current customers trade. http://www.telsysuk.com/shop/solar_panel_cleaning_kit_-_commercial
Many have bought stuff from brodex, who claim to value highly their customers. So get a load of this, which is a quote from the above web page: "This is the same quality equipment that the opperators (sic!) that you may currently subcontract to use, we are the industry leaders in high level cleaning technology, it is such an easy technique, training can be given in minutes to unskilled operatives."

In other words, "The people who got our business off the ground and who have continually bought our kit, have the same kit as this. Fire them off, you buy some of our kit and do it yourself. Oh, and by the way, any old idiot can do it."

So BRODEX:

1. How have you measured what makes an industry leader in high level cleaning technology?

2. Training can not be given in minutes. Do these unskilled operatives hold IPAF licences? They will need them on a lot of commercial solar installations.

3. By saying to owners of solar installations "Do it in house.", you are alienating what is i am assuming, your biggest customer base, namely, US. I sincerely hope you do not begin to market your window cleaning gear in the same way. If you sell it to commercial clients in the same way as this, you are doing us out of work. You should not bite the hand that feeds you. Us window cleaners must make up a huge slice of your marketplace. Alienate us, and you will struggle.

BRODEX, I have bought your kit for the 10 years I have been wfp. But over this, you may well lose my custom. You may think I am only 1 customer. But I personally know about 20 window cleaners who used to buy your kit, but who i know now buy from a certain Alex Gardiner.

I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I spent £665 on a 25 ft pole, nearly 5 times what I could buy a 25 ft from BRODEX. The truth is, I like what I got for £665, but I wasn't sure as I would become a regular Gardiner customer. After this though, I might...I am only a single customer, but your single customers collectively make up your client base. PLEASE LOOK AFTER US BETTER.

I look forward to a reply from BRODEX or anyone else's opinion.
Brodex are terrible, ive never dealt with them myself luckily but a close friend of mine has and he has never had so much trouble with the machine breaking down and the poles being unusable and the customer service is terrible.( According to Him)

well its getting to the point that

1) traditional metherds are cheaper

2) water fed pole is becoming more expensive

3) water fed pole users having charge more

4) water fed pole custies will be going back to traditional in reverse to the old ways

5) witch interne will creat a health and safety craze.

6) poles become cheaper

7) repeat steps 1 to 6 and start over again

endless hassel for us all but in the end it will hurt the industry

I see what your talking about now!
I get that they are putting a plug in the market, but they are at the same time undermining loads of there own customers who are regular window cleaners.
Yep. That doesn't make sense. I'm surprised people on here are happy to back up their notion. Interesting too that my original post is on other forums and not had one response from brodex yet! They must surely read these forums....

This part of there website is a joke... This is the same quality equipment that the operators that you may currently subcontract to use' date=' [b']we are the industry leaders in high level cleaning technology,[/b] it is such an easy technique, training can be given in minutes to unskilled operatives.
This part: we are the industry leaders in high level cleaning technology I think not!
How do you even decide who are the industry leaders? how can it be measured? you could say "an industry leader" but "THE industry leader"? thats like me saying i am THE best window cleaner. by who's standards. Perhaps the one way to find out is by customer opinion. If that was the case, brodex would not be THE industry leader judging by the rest of the posts.

tell the truth all it is a telescopic fishing pole made in china relabeled over hear as a water fed pole with a cheap hard brush on the end.

"State of the art cleaning equipment" "Treatment water plant" /emoticons/biggrin.png

Who is that bloke kidding as if I'm not mistaken It's just a water softner & holding tank with a 100m wfp hose & reel, wfp poles and trolley

I take it the "regeneration for one hour every week " he is talking about is to flush the water softner resin through?

Now I'm just wondering what field trials have been conducted by brodex on cleaning solar panles with that soft water system to find out if it actual works or not without damaging the glass after time. Using softened water on its own is not the same as using purified water surely? :rolleyes:

Latest Posts

Back