Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Maintenance cleans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All Round Cleaning

Hey guys was just walking down my road and noticed 4 houses next to me that a wc cleans and noticed the frames are absolutely mankey .

so was just wondering how many of you clean the frames etc each clean or do you do just glass only ???

I know he charges around 7 quid for these houses and he's done within 30 mins .

click here

the 4 next to the houses that are being built

what you guys reckon ???

I'm trad, first cleans I will always clean the frames. If they are regular custys I will always keep them clean, not every time they will need done, maybe every 2 or 3 times they will get a quick wipe..

i have employed a few lads who use to work for other people, and all where the same, we are WINDOW cleaners, and dont clean frames, there is a lot out there who believe that this is fine, i would offer your services at same price and do frames

yea, on a first clean, i do glass, frames, the window surround if its got plastic, and cills, then all these need is a quick once over on the next cleans

have won a few customers by stating that i aways clean frames etc. first clean can be a pain but once its out the way the next time is breif..

a guy cleans my mother in laws windows and he doesnt touch the frames. i'd be cringing taking money for that tbh.

i always clean frames after the first clean there easy. the way i look at it its part of the window

I make a point of doing a good job on frames on first clean no matter how long it takes, makes me look better than the opposition and it's easy to keep em that way. Way I see it the frames part of the window.

I make a point of doing a good job on frames on first clean no matter how long it takes, makes me look better than the opposition and it's easy to keep em that way. Way I see it the frames part of the window.

Thats what I thought so I was quite shocked to see the state of the frames etc when going past today , I know the windy that does them has been doing this round for donkeys so I canny understand why they not maintaining the frames etc ?

i put a post up a few months back about this i see a windy walk away from a window he just cleaned and there was a big dollop of bird **** on the frame and it was still there last time i walked past

i put a post up a few months back about this i see a windy walk away from a window he just cleaned and there was a big dollop of bird **** on the frame and it was still there last time i walked past
Surely his cusyomers are unawares to it ??? If a windy wasnt cleaninv my windows coreectly id sack him .

Surely his cusyomers are unawares to it ??? If a windy wasnt cleaninv my windows coreectly id sack him .
I lost a customer last month when her old wc just turned up and did em then knocked for money (didn't sack me I not bothering going back), she'd used him for ages but he stopped when it got cold lol. I digress, anyways frames were grey practically black except for sill up to the round bit 4 inches from end he missed everytime and I brought em up like new and he did em and said he couldn't tell someone else had done em, B****CKS he'd get my foot up his **** not just sack.

I thought most of you guys' are WFP and so you clean the frames,sills etc as a matter of course?

Do some WFP'ers only clean the glass or are all the comments from trad wc'ers??

I thought most of you guys' are WFP and so you clean the frames,sills etc as a matter of course?

Do some WFP'ers only clean the glass or are all the comments from trad wc'ers??
Well I do trad.

that area is mainly old people his probally only charging 3 quid a house

i clean the frames on all of my round but i also work for another window cleaner in upminster, and he charges extra for frames, iv found on his round most people are more than happy just paying for the glass clean, the ones that pay extra tend to be the ones on main roads that get alot of dust from the traffic. but like i say on my round i clean the frames on the first clean anyway, then just wipe over everytime thereafter

i clean the frames on all of my round but i also work for another window cleaner in upminster, and he charges extra for frames, iv found on his round most people are more than happy just paying for the glass clean, the ones that pay extra tend to be the ones on main roads that get alot of dust from the traffic. but like i say on my round i clean the frames on the first clean anyway, then just wipe over everytime thereafter
are you trad or wfp?

Back