Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do you have a minimum?

Ben23

For example, I got called to go and quote a job this morning, an area of 24m2, my general rule of thumb is to go £2.50 per m2 up to 100m2 then drop to £2 per m2 thereafter. I say rule of thumb as theres always things like access, chems and water supply to think of. so my basic minimum is 30m2 as a starting price to avoid doing tiny jobs for minimal money.

this means that for the job earlier I quoted £75 with it coming in under the minimum 30m2......the fact also remains that its up a load of steps (need 2nd man to help carry the bloody rig) has no outdoor source of water so is needing an adaptor to the indoor tap and all the hassle that entails. do yuo think this is a reasonable sum? I only ask as theres another quote due in before she'll green light the work.......would you charge more or less do you think? and if so whats your minimum to get the van out!

Cheers

Ben

I wouldn't take a pressure wash job for less than 60 no matter how small. For meter square price I charge about £5 per sm.

aye there has to be a minimum I think, otherwise you could send up with a bunch of small but tricky jobs for next to nothing. Im happy with my quote, and I locked in another job earlier too so no big deal if this one dosent take it /emoticons/smile.png

i had a job like that recently lady rang me she was only 3 miles away from my house small area about 25m2 I said j can do it for 75quid she looked like I just told her I killed her cat! She said o no dear I don't want to spend all that much this could have gone one of 2 ways I could have said ok then bottom line is 50quid she may well have a agreed or I could have said ok thanks very much let me know if you do want to work carried out in future..... I chose the later. For me I don't need the money. And in my opinion if you can be bartered down then word catches on you will constantly be challenged on price every time for the best *cash* price.

I have a £70 minimum. and for that I will spend longer setting up and packing up than actually doing the job.

If the customer is known to me and I think I might get a few browny points with them I might drop to £50 and try to line up 3 or 4 of these smaller jobs on the same day.

For the job you are describing I would probably charge around £110 and be happy whether I got it or not.

Aye, I havent heard back yet but have got bookings coming in all of a sudden, off to do a small yard thats a pain in the **** to access, chargin £120 as I need the 2nd lad for a couple of hours to help lifting gear (all stairs!). things are definatley looking up for this season, im going to stick to my guns with the £75 minimum and just take the jobs I want to do /emoticons/smile.png

Aye, im still pretty new to having the lead in my own operation so still finding my feet a bit, I have figured out my costs and what im prepared to charge so the price I quote is the price I'll accept, dont want to be known for being bargained down like Willams jet wash mentioned

Back