Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Ports

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Duxbury

Hey all. I noticed companies like ionics do stainless steel van ports that you fit onto panel and they basically allow you to run your system with the van locked up, which is important to me as I will carrying a couple of grands worth of other kit on my van as will be seconding as a mobile mechanic. Ive looked through most online equipment suppliers but cant find anything, the ionic ones come in at £80-£85, which I dont think is bad TBH, but wondered if anyone either knows anywhere else I can buy them perhaps cheaper? Thanks

Brodex do one for two pole use there's bumper mounts on eBay that don't require panel cutting on van mines cut into rear panel of van but its a older van so not too bothered about it

Lol well its an old Fiat Scudo cost me like a grand so not too bothered about chopping bits as long as it looks tidy

Get some aluminium, easy to drill/mold and make your own to your own spec (fitting etc), i mounted mine under rear bumper to avoid cutting into panel.

So did you have to cut holes in the floor instead?

Get some aluminium, easy to drill/mold and make your own to your own spec (fitting etc), i mounted mine under rear bumper to avoid cutting into panel.

My Citroen dispatch already had some kind of drain hole next to the near side rear door, not sure if they all have this but it worked a treat for me.

98p hose connector from wilkinsons, a piece of aluminium and 2 bolts. thats all you need.

98p hose connector from wilkinsons, a piece of aluminium and 2 bolts. thats all you need.
These guys are right......soooo eazy peazy..........it's simples /emoticons/biggrin.png .

Can't believe anyone would pay around £20ish for something so 'cheap and simple' to make themselves :rolleyes: .

My Citroen dispatch already had some kind of drain hole next to the near side rear door, not sure if they all have this but it worked a treat for me.
Same here. Mine had a hard plastic seal. So checked and just drilled a hole through it /emoticons/biggrin.png

Looks good. My only concern being that the plastic Grippa units dont look too strong, anyone know where I could find metal panel mount couplings? Again have looked but I seem to be looking in the wrong places always........

I got van ports  from a company called water fed pole in Basildon Essex, I used to have Ionics. , But , not this time, definitely better under bumper,, streamline, aluminium, they are perfect , very tidy, Walkdens  vanliners in bury fitted them, the fitter was impressed with the quality

Latest Posts

Back