Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Council Work?

N

nico roche

Priced up a job for a day centre just off some streets I clean last week. Lady was happy with price and said pop back with public liability or email it over and everything should be fine. She rung bk today saying she'd been to offices to let them know and they told her they use same company for all there buildings and some how the company had missed this building out. Basically just wondering if it's even worth pricing/canvassing any more work of council owned buildings after this[emoji848]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

3 year contract on all Sunderland Council buildings, tender comes through "Buy Sunderland First" The contract is always awarded to a Company that isn't based in Sunderland. About a week before the tender is due in they change the specs and schedules on the tender.

Bull **** isn't it how they expect small businesses to expand when giving all work to same company's that are probably already massive. Right on my round it is literally clean every other house in area[emoji23] miffed off as was quite decent work every two month

Bull **** isn't it how they expect small businesses to expand when giving all work to same company's that are probably already massive. Right on my round it is literally clean every other house in area[emoji23] miffed off as was quite decent work every two month

It's because they are bone idle, rather than splitting the work up, awarding the smaller easier jobs to half a dozen local companies and the big technical jobs to a large company, they just give the lot to the big company. Cold called on lots of buildings, spoke with the Office Managers and being told they were under Sunderland Council and the window cleaners are terrible.

I have found in the past some off them have no clue what they are talking about in terms of cleaning contracts , But for cleaning council offices you need to be on their approved list which means submitting a form and proof of P.L insurance .

But with schools you don't as they are free to chose their own contractors not on the approved list , So you could approach schools as their is more chance but you do need £5 million P.L Insurance

Back