Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fence sprayers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TWC

Forgot to take a picture but keep coming across connie Windows and sills next to fences covered in spots of creosote from where the fences have been sprayed. Any advice on an easy way to remove this?

Cheers

Yeah..tell the neighbour to come round and scrape it off lol

Scraping off the windows is easy..just soap up a pane and scrape the whole lot in 1 direction..soap up again and squeegee off

The frames and sills your best bet is magic sponge and water

You can magic sponge the glass but if a lot of spots it is quicker to use a blade

be careful with scrapers or razors!!!. only use if really necessary.from my experience you will be the first to blame if scratches appear(ie low sun)-even if its not your fault

Clean as usual and leave the fence paint as it is. That's what we do. If they want it removed they pay extra for it and also don't touch it until they sign a damage waiver.

If they get upset, then dump and move on.

I would usually point it out to em .and tell em I don't want to risk scratching there window trying to scrape it off .

Yes didn't touch it as thought blading it would leave me open to blame and it's bloody everywhere. Tried using magic sponge and ubik/water but didn't touch it. Like the damage waiver idea to cover myself.

When I pointed it out to custy she said oh never noticed it before. Are you blind??

Thought white spirit might damage upvc?

I use a scraper anytime i need to get **** off the glass

If you use it properly you can't scratch the glass

use a scraper on builders cleans and there the first to blame you for scratches.disclaimer alert

Don't use a blade dry (i do occasionally but I've been doing it quarter of a century lol)

Always go forwards with the blade and never drag backwards over the dirt as you can trap bits and that will scratch the glass

I'm also an oven cleaner so fairly use to blading glass but your right would never do it dry. But this connie was covered, wish I'd taken pics.

I had this experience, husband had put sealant on decking n it's blown all over Windows, I used a trollull glass sponge, I got a free sample when I emailed them a while back, bought some more, good for first cleans.

Clean as usual and leave the fence paint as it is. That's what we do. If they want it removed they pay extra for it and also don't touch it until they sign a damage waiver.If they get upset, then dump and move on.
Exactly what I do

Leave till they ask

Same when the house is painted

He paints it. Gets it all over the Windows. Gets his money & we have to clear up his shite.

Not in my book

They pay extra.

Back