Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wcw Backpack Smoking

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

all charged up, ready to go . i was alright for about an hour then i put backpack in car to move on, i smelt a burning smell , wound my window down to see if its from outside, no so carried onto next area, set up backpack and pole to start, i smelt the same smell, out the corner of my eye i could see small puffs of smoke escaping out of the base of the backpack. . i turned it off straight away , took it home for inspection. speed controller is all gooey, i can lift it out to see a brown burnt mark on the bottom.

i think this is the 3rd or 4th speed controller i have had for this backpack from WCW since i purchased it. as soon as i lifted top off the smell of burning hit you..

i advise everyone never to leave any backpack on charge overnite, i never have and never will. i cannot understand why smoke started to come from my backpack. i ve had to change the conexions again. i hope a new speed controller will get it going good again. it starts up, water comes out but you can smell burning. its only over a year old.

i will let WCW know of this see what they recomend.

did you get smoke also, + burning smell. as i said i have replaced these before but not for it to melt and burnout. i hope it hasnt f.....d my backpack up.

i have just checked my order for this speed controller and it was for the 15/07/13., not too long ago

Twice I got smoke and burnt electrical smell, once I got a speed controller blow up in my face after fitting it.

That’s what can happen when you buy chepo china made backpacks (sprayers) as the components seem to me are ****. I think It’s about time suppliers realise that backpack sprayers are not meant to be converted and used everyday for wfp work or at least warn ppl that they are for occasional use only.

The newer one is marginally slightly better built and wired but still shouldn't be advertised as it is, they also should never be worn as a backpack!

where do u get your controllers from johnny ?

mines fine but after reading this im sure mine will back in too lol

You can buy them from WCW or you can buy them from ebay for £5. All you need is a DC pulse width modulator.

Back