Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AD window cleaning

Hi guys. Im new to this. Started my window cleaning business 6 months ago and things are coming along nicely. Im trad only at the min. But I've got one or two houses with top windows similar to the ones in the picture. I'm finding them pretty awkward as you can imagine. How do you guys go about it? Any tips would be welcome. Tia.
7a216f89e0b69535b5b3e3ff820e3260.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

yeah im trad my self when canvassing i tend to avoid these house types but if the work comes to me you gota go with it so time consuming poling this type of work

Fellas it is a pain but b4 wfp i used unger clamp with sponge and perfect dampness on micro fibrerolled up

1st reach give it the normal

Pole down turn sponge over 1 turn so your folding dirt onto dirt

Reach2 same again

Pole down turn sponge 1turn

Repeat till cloth come back down clean.. always worked

Fellas it is a pain but b4 wfp i used unger clamp with sponge and perfect dampness on micro fibrerolled up1st reach give it the normal

Pole down turn sponge over 1 turn so your folding dirt onto dirt

Reach2 same again

Pole down turn sponge 1turn

Repeat till cloth come back down clean.. always worked

yes i use one of those clamps the green one with a wilkos blue cloth for a small bit of detailing after

Excelerator or wagtail on an extension pole

Practice enough and you will be able to scrub then fan in minutes without having to detail

Thinking outside the box ... buy a cheap water fed pole

Then plug straight to garden tap

You may be surprised some Windows do come out fine

If it don't work you still got a pole which your Gonna need anyway

Go on try it !

Thinking outside the box ... buy a cheap water fed pole

Then plug straight to garden tap

Go on try it !

Thinking outside the box ... buy a cheap water fed poleThen plug straight to garden tap

Go on try it !
So you don't like that @Hawke ?

That's how i started wfp

Got a 30ft pole and used customers taps for fascias and conny roofs

No way, its guys taking shortcuts with WFP that has given it a bad name in the past. A DI vessel doesn't cost a lot and is far cheaper than losing your reputation and work.

Unless I misunderstood and you meant that you would hook up a DI vessel to the custy's tap and go from there? My father-in-law does that - cheaper than running a van and his customers are happy.

this was my weapon of choice 11 months ago View attachment 9072

then got a back pack View attachment 9073 had three gutter jobs lined up the first couple of weeks I got it and it paid for it self . I love trad and using the wagtail and pole but ...i must admit wfp is great especially on frames . pick this up on ebay 240squid ,< i think> .got the backpack which is 16ltr and 35ft pole .was going to just use it on gutter and conny but like everyone else started to creep the odd difficult window in ,now most of my tops get done this way .

View attachment 9071

Back