Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Drawing up a better, more detailed price list for new custys

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PJ Bullard

Thinking of making a longer, better price list with all property types (including bedroom numbers) and prices along with a large selection of frequencies to choose from. Everything from monthly to, 6, 8, 10 or 12 weekly.

My current price list is very simple and only offers monthly or bi monthly options. But I wonder if this is enough. It also doesn't cover every bedroom size property and groups Semi together as one price and Detached. Sometimes I think its too little on new cleans.

Also I was thinking of adding a final column with a One Off Clean price and stating that the first clean price is £10 more than the 10 weekly price in the table.

What do you guys think? Could it get me more customers or is it a dumb idea?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If you do it, can I have a copy? /emoticons/biggrin.png Im still pricing jobs based on what I think they will pay and how long it will take me. Ive got some that are definately too cheap and a few that are possibly a bit on the high side. Wish I knew what I charged per window / door / bay, would make it a lot simpler haha

Yeah sure. I tried to upload a copy of the table I'm putting together but it wasn't having it. I'll maybe scan it then upload.

The good thing I think about having set prices for each property type is that it gives you a guide so that you don't stray away and quote too low.

Will upload later

Hi p j Bullard.

We found our potential customers would visit our website. Then call us to ask why there are no prices on there for their size of house. Just prices start from £10.

The best way I found was to instead of having an over accurate price list. We designed a price guide, that allowed a small amount of scope for us to increase or decrease when we came to meeting the customer face to face and pricing the job up for real. Your price guide gets them hooked and the final deal is what catches them.

We always increase our bi monthly price by a minimum of 25%.

One off cleans we have a minimum charge. And again that can increase depending on how bad or challenging the job is.

Hope this helps. Found it really useful myself.

Regards

GC

If I did a price list it would say

Terraced from £xx

Semi from £xx

Detached from £xx

Bungalows from £xx

Premium for 1st clean

Covers all bases I think

I have a basic one on my website

House type 4 weekly price 8 weekly price

Saves having to get time wasters, it probably reduces enquiries but 9 times out of ten they have seen the pricing before they enquire so convert the majority of web enquiries.

Ive found when putting prices form say £10 on fb you still get people asking for a quote and expecting it for less than £10 :mad:

I've always (and not all times in my favour) steered away from charging more for first time cleans unless absolutely necessary.

I've found it a successful way to win over people's loyalty, the first time you scrub away like mad without scaring them off with a high price before they know if you're any good and they feel like you've gone the extra mile for them and they instantly instill their trust in you and make their judgement that you're fantastic value. Then next time time you turn up and splash around for 10 mins and walk away with £20 and the Windows look just as good, if not better than the first time they don't question anything. They have already judged you as the guy that makes their house fantastic and is great value.

Obviously this is a risk with potential time wasters. But often you can spot the sort of people who are only looking for a one off who make all the right noises about regular when they clearly only want a one off.

If you can spot the customers who will stick with you going the extra mile the first time often means they'd never look elsewhere. I've had customers say they'd had someone quote half the price I charge. But they stick with me cos once a year i grab a weed out of their gutter or do the inside of the kitchen window. When they ask how much extra I say nothing. They get the kettle on and you make it back with every clean and know they will never leave you.

I appreciate it's not always that's simple. But food for thought b

Totally understand, Dave. However don't forget, in this day and age when everything is going up in price, I don't believe as a trade window cleaners should have to cheap.

You could look at it another way and that is that if you don't charge eough, it can have the adverse effect of making you come across as, well, not very good. People who have the money to spend are always happy to pay what they deem a decent price for a job well done. Maybe its because I live in SW London on the Surrey boarder and around here people have more money.

@Mike Hulme this is the price list I've been drawing up. This is more comprehensive and pretty much covers all property types and what I think the jobs are worth. The prices for the 4, 6 and 8 weekly options are what I already charge. I've just added 10, 12 weekly and the One Off row at the end.

upload_2017-2-12_7-24-35.jpeg

I think dumb idea. Cannot beat physically going and seeing the property to give a accurate quote. Otherwise you are laden with a certain price for say a Terrace property, or saying Terraces from £ which does not fulfill your want for a better more detailed price.

No matter how detailed you get you can never price for every eventuality and you need to allow for some flexibility and give yourself room for maneuvere.
Things like higher prices for frequency and first cleans / one-offs are fine but include an explanation for why that is. Once people understand the reasoning behind it, it makes sense and they're unlikely to have a problem with it.

Back