Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi everyone

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jackwindowcleaner

Evening everyone,

My names Jack I'm 22 living in Surrey and I'm in the very early stages of trying to start a window cleaning company. First time I've ever joined a forum so just getting used to how things work atm.. Already found loads of useful stuff on here and a great resource for people like me starting out - hopefully have a laugh along the way.

At the moment I'm working as a butcher so are making the most of my 2 days off to get things started.

Anyway enough about my life story lol hopefully going to do some canvassing this week or next as have got most of the equipment now. Just want to get my script down to a tee if the customer says they're interested. What are the key bits of information to exchange? E.g if they ask how much? Do you say something like "well for the front windows it would be £6 and I could have a look at the back ones if you wanted a full quote?" I live on an ex army estate and never had a window cleaner knock nor have I seen one so hopefully it has potential for a few customers. Thanks in advance for your responses. And apologies to smurf for sending you a direct message in attempt to make a new thread lol

Welcome bud

Throw the script.out the window mate

"Morning /afternoon sorry to bother you do you need a window cleaner?"

If they then ask how much ask to have a peek round the back

While you are having a look tell them you always wipe the frames and sills over and then say i can do that for you for £??

Job done

Once you get to that point you pretty much have the job anyway unless you are priced way to high

It becomes a conversation rather than a sales pitch quite rapidly when you don't have a rigid script

I have been offered a cuppa within a minute of knocking a door before as you are seen as the friendly trustworthy local windie rather than a salesman

You're in my neck of the woods. You better stay of MY patch or I'll. .. I'll. ... Naa just kidding. There are plenty of houses to go around lol. Welcome and good luck. Just put the effort in the first year and you will be set for life.

Welcome budThrow the script.out the window mate

"Morning /afternoon sorry to bother you do you need a window cleaner?"

If they then ask how much ask to have a peek round the back

While you are having a look tell them you always wipe the frames and sills over and then say i can do that for you for £??

Job done

Once you get to that point you pretty much have the job anyway unless you are priced way to high
Cheers for the reply. That sounds perfect short and to the point. Once agreed with the price what's the next step from there do you say I'll be back tomorrow and do them for you?

You're in my neck of the woods. You better stay of MY patch or I'll. .. I'll. ... Naa just kidding. There are plenty of houses to go around lol. Welcome and good luck. Just put the effort in the first year and you will be set for life.
Haha I keep seeing window cleaning vans now and thinking s**t gotta get to the customers before they do lol. Cheers, the thought is exciting me I'm definitely willing to put the work in.

Out of interest how much do you charge per window in your area as a rough guide of course?

I work mine out in time

I have what i want an hour and i charge accordingly

But a tenner minimum

Once i get new custys i tell them when i can fit them in

If you are free tomorrow do that as it doesn't give time for it to be forgotten about

Right, yeah true. Still trying to size up the going rate at the mo. £7 is that for all the front windows ?
Welcome @Jackwindowcleaner.

Price at about £1 - £1.50 per window, conservatory windows at about 50p or so per big pane and higher than £1.50 for bay windows etc. you shouldn't go far wrong with that way of pricing. If it all adds up to not a lot then bung a few quid on top to make it worth your while.

My tips for a new comer would be, do a great job, do it at a decent price and do it reliably.

Do those things and you will be laughing.

As for quoting never forget you are selling yourself as much as anything else, Mrs Smith wants to feel comfortable with a stranger wandering around her house when she is potentially not there, most people will be happy to pay a good price for a good reliable job with someone they trust rather than someone they don't.

Have a minimum price and stick to it, most of my normal regular style houses are £10-£12, if they have a really awkward window or a conservatory charge a couple of quid more.

My minimum charge is £8 for a small bungalow or flat, £10 for a house, though I do have a couple of really tiny houses that I only charge £8 for.

You'll soon get a feel for it, cool to see a young lad going for it, reminds me of me, I was homeless at 16 and paid my mortgage off at 27, crack on, do your own thing and don't devalue what you do, if someone is haggling over the house being £10 they likely aren't a customer you want anyway.

Latest Posts

Back