Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Google Analytics

Google Analytics is great, much better than Stat Counter, although as Catherine stated they can be hard to read if you don't know what you're looking at. Viewing the Dashboard is a lot more straight forward than looking at the default reports.

Some people use Stat Counter and Google Analytics together but this can sometimes give you mixed up results.

Iain, can you explain the dashboard, think im looking at the reports and have to keep clicking on the different places the hits are coming from - its confusing

Hi Catherine you can find the dashboard on the top left when you login to Analytics. It's under My Stuff and then Dashboards. Click My Dashboard. This will show you the most interesting information and you can customise the load out with anything you want. This can get a bit tricky but once you've configured it, it'll help a lot when looking at your stats

Cheers Iain, how do I configure it, what I find a problem, is trying to figure out where the hits have come from with out going seperately through each link on the site, if you see what I mean?

I'd make a separate Dashboard first. Call it New Dashboard or something. You can add a Widget by clicking Add a Widget at the top. You'll then need to configure what style you want. For visitor source, you'll be better off with a standard 2.1 metric (default). Then just define what you want the widget to show. Do you want to show the visitors geo location or the referral source (ie direct, Facebook, search engine)? You can show either just make sure you click the right one! /emoticons/wink.png

Iain, one more question, ive had a look at what youve said, trying to figure that out, whats the difference between new and unique visitors?

Latest Posts

Back