Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

scraper

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Waste of a few quid if you use an aquadapter!!! Just tried fitting mine this morning

Fits great, but then spin it round to use it!!!!!!

Hi Keir

It should make no difference to operation whether you have an Aquadapter fitted or not as long as you are using one of our poles. The fitting order would be as follows:

Pole - Scraper (Type 1) - Screw Thread Adapter - Aquadapter - Gooseneck

The scraper will be pushed down tight against the top pole clamp by the screw thread adapter and stopped from spinning by the locking lug which sits in between the clamp jaws.

Hi alex, thats exactly how i fitted it,

But what was happening when i spun the pole around to use the scraper, the angle required to get the scraper onto the glass was so shallow due to the extra length of the AD that it was no where near the glass.

When i removed the AD and fitted as you intended it was perfect, i thought about enlarging the hole in the scraper so it could be fitted in between the AD and the swivel neck but decided to remove the lug and try and glue it on!!! Big mistake lol

I'll take a pic and try and show you what i mean

Ok they aren't the best because its dark but hopefully you will see what i mean......

This is a downstairs window which is about 5' off ground level, the scraper is a good 3" off the glass, so if it was a lower window i.e. Patio door the scraper would be 6" away

If it was a second storey window then it might just about get the pane half way up but any lower the sill would get in the way.

If it was mounted at the top of the AD then it would be bob on, hence my thought of enlarging the hole but then it would spin as the lug wouldn't have anything to purchase onto

Or am i being a complete dummy and fitting it wrong? Lol

Thanks alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe @Alex Gardiner could also design a scraper that could be fitted on the plastic angle adaptor instead whilst still be able to use a wfp brush. Same way how a reach around works and is fitted so the angle of the scrapper/pad can be adjusted easily. Would also good to make the reach around type arm tool end a quick-loq fitting so other tools could be used aswell.

Speaking of Quick-l0Q fittings @Alex Gardiner I ordered some conversion kits and other bits (order number AM33TF3001216) but sadly did not realize the nut & bolt you use is smaller than a normal plastic angle adaptors nuts & bolts so now I can't use them. Also wanted to try my new sally sill brush out today but that's when I found out I could not use it /emoticons/sad.png

Any chance you can send some nuts & bolts in the post that will fit so I can get my standard angle adaptors converted over to quick-loq :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Keir

I see what you mean. We did not design this to be used with an Aquadapter so had not really considered how it would affect it. With our goosenecks they all immediately angle off the opposite way to the scraper hence they work well when spun around. As you can see on your photos fitting Aquadapter changes the geometry and they will not work.

They also have not been designed to fit other makes of poles, so this is why it will be spinning when used as it will not lock into the top clamp as it would when fitted to one of our poles.

You could always enlarge the hole and fit it to the top of the AD, but it would need gluing or pinning in position.

Alex

Maybe @Alex Gardiner could also design a scraper that could be fitted on the plastic angle adaptor instead whilst still be able to use a wfp brush. Same way how a reach around works and is fitted so the angle of the scrapper/pad can be adjusted easily. Would also good to make the reach around type arm tool end a quick-loq fitting so other tools could be used aswell.
We looked at many options of where to fit this scraper and this was chosen as the best option for ease of fitting, light weight and the benefit of being in direct contact with the pole. Anything on the gooseneck or brush simply did not work as well or as efficiently.

Speaking of Quick-l0Q fittings @Alex Gardiner I ordered some conversion kits and other bits (order number AM33TF3001216) but sadly did not realize the nut & bolt you use is smaller than a normal plastic angle adaptors nuts & bolts so now I can't use them. Also wanted to try my new sally sill brush out today but that's when I found out I could not use it /emoticons/sad.pngAny chance you can send some nuts & bolts in the post that will fit so I can get my standard angle adaptors converted over to quick-loq :thumbsup:
Hi Smurf - the name tagging on the website does not seem to work as I got no indication of a message, just happened to see this.

You would need the lever set from the Resi-Neck. If you give the office a call they can sort this out for you - I have let them know about this.

Thanks Alex

Hi Smurf - the name tagging on the website does not seem to work as I got no indication of a message, just happened to see this.
You would need the lever set from the Resi-Neck. If you give the office a call they can sort this out for you - I have let them know about this.

Alex, it fit my facelift no problem including the lug in the top clamp as intended on one of yours, yeah i shall retro-fit it as egg season is in full swing now so plenty of baked on bird cr@p to remove. Thanks for your input

Back