Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The New Craze in Extensions/New Builds

Tuffers

Orangeries! Freekin orangeries! Plonked on top of a flat roof with 4 sides, usually above the kitchen. The only way to clean them is to get the ladders off and get up there. Hate em I do, hate em.

Orange what?
These things plonked on a flat roof..

orangerie201-w800h300.jpg

Has frank been moving them pots about I'm wondering and more to the point is he going to put them back /emoticons/biggrin.png

These things plonked on a flat roof..
orangerie201-w800h300.jpg

Has frank been moving them pots about I'm wondering and more to the point is he going to put them back /emoticons/biggrin.png
A new definition of 'hedge hopping'. We used to hedge hop as kids. A gang of us would start at one end of the road and plough through all the garden hedges until we got to the end of the road. The faces on the people sat watching telly as we hurdled was a picture /emoticons/biggrin.png. It beat knock and run hands down :rofl:

Oh them!

Yeah two of my custys have them, I don't mind them, just means more money...!

why do they call them orangeries and why do you need them? keep mine on the sideboard in a bowl with the apples and nanas :rofl:

Its just a sky light.

It's a posh way of saying roof skylight I'm guessing.:rolleyes:

An orangery or orangerie was a building in the grounds of fashionable residences from the 17th to the 19th centuries and given a classicising architectural form.

Yep thought so posh basturads had them back then too:D

to start u shud price it up to include the orange thing lol i do one simliar its a flat dome skylight thing

get the ladder out pop up and do it mine one i do the house every 4 weeks

but i only do the roof window once every 8

yeh guess who failed to see one on a recent bungalow...wonder how long it will be before ..canyoujuster...so I will have to drag the ladders off just for that...grrrr

should have done one on friday but she didnt let me in so I did a runner...its a real swine being covered in black bits and the sun dries it so fast..defo a banana job../emoticons/biggrin.png

never seen any oranges in em yet though..

Latest Posts

Back