Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No Ladder, Harris Pole clean & quote

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@FINEST could you please adjust the title of this thread as its not really clear/make sense in relation to the post. Thanks.

When I was cleaning I would have probably charged £6-8

@FINEST could you please adjust the title of this thread as its not really clear/make sense in relation to the post. Thanks.
When I was cleaning I would have probably charged £6-8
Done. Wow 6-8£ isn't that a bargain ?

How is it possible to build up a business having multiple vans and employees for such prices?

Remember pricing is often dependent on area. I could possibly push that to £10 here in Cornwall. Saying that though I haven't been cleaning for some time now so who knows could maybe get more I cant imagine so though.

Thanks for the edit

Remember pricing is often dependent on area. I could possibly push that to £10 here in Cornwall. Saying that though I haven't been cleaning for some time now so who knows could maybe get more I can imagine so though.
Thanks for the edit
Yeah you're right. Area is such a deal.

Some people literary have no money for cleaning windows. From my canvassing experience I found out that if they can pay £7 they can also pay 12£. Those who are stuck with paying 5£ mostly just don't value the service and will stick with who ever charges least.

I just love it when you quote £15 £ 12 or £10 and they agree..

I am in Nottingham. I have a minimum of £12 just to turn up. My avarage job price is around £25.

A house like that I would be £14 front only £20 front and back assuming no extensions or conservatory.

How I clean it does not matter. I am being paid for clean windows not weather I use a WFP or ladder etc etc

Yeah, buy the lightest 3m double ladder you can find and bungee it to your push bike...
Awesome. Thank you so much .

How would you go cleaning them double terraced two story houses without climbing on sills? Any tips for climbing on tough spots?

I don't like that I'm rubbin of on yer spellin green ... But yes I agree get a cheap car or hey with that photo of money u cud invest in a trolley to push the new ladders aout

What's all this front only business ? What happens to the backs of these' front only' cleans ?? Also ...45 minutes !! I'd do all house in 15 mins

You walk between jobs? Wow. I couldn't imagine doing that. I have a transit connect and the back is full of equipment for window cleaning.

I agree with @Green Pro Clean Ltd - You should have a minium call out charge. Don't forget your a professional and you offer a service that people need, so decide on a minimum price and stick to it. Mine is £12 too and I'd charge that for a single window if thats all they wanted.

Its tough when you first start out becuase you just want the jobs so you offer prices that they can't refuuse. But with some momentum and a solid round behind you, it gets easier to charge a worth while price.

Nowerdays I think - what price do I want to do this job for? If you don't do it for a price you want, then you wont put in as much effort and you'll think 'Ah they're getting a decent price, so they can just be happy with a half arsed job'

As for that job in the picture, I'd charge £12 for the front and I'd definetly use a ladder or a wfp. It would take minutes, not 45 mins

Back