Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New DIY water fed pole trolley

I was thinking that the reel may make it a bit top heavy??

That's the only reason i haven't done it yet

I have about 20m of hose that i coil up in my hand and put a big clip round wagga style and that is easy enough but i like the idea of the reel

Any problems?

My trolley has a folding foot plate so too much weight will make it unstable when no drum on it

I was thinking that the reel may make it a bit top heavy??That's the only reason i haven't done it yet

I have about 20m of hose that i coil up in my hand and put a big clip round wagga style and that is easy enough but i like the idea of the reel

Any problems?

My trolley has a folding foot plate so too much weight will make it unstable when no drum on it
Hi Daveyboy, it's perfectly balanced, countered by the drum and pump box. The foot plate was folding but I riveted some brackets to stop it folding and it's now very rigid. Like you I used to coil my hose on my last trolley but it was a pain in the bum..

if the reel was on the other side, it'd be unstable, but being on that side it looks pretty good

Yes, you need the reel facing forward so when you walk with the pole the force is always pulling forward into the container. The other way and you would pull the trolley over.

@daveyboy1 I always drill and fix the footplate as it makes the trolley much more sturdy.

@Gary63 . Have you tried putting pole hose on the reel ?. You will be surprised how light and easy it is to work with.

Yes, you need the reel facing forward so when you walk with the pole the force is always pulling forward into the container. The other way and you would pull the trolley over.
@daveyboy1 I always drill and fix the footplate as it makes the trolley much more sturdy.

@Gary63 . Have you tried putting pole hose on the reel ?. You will be surprised how light and easy it is to work with.
Not yet Jimmy. Just used what I already had. But will try at some point.

thats really good. im thinkinng of a trolley or backpack for a second user to van mount.what would you say would be best though. a diy trolley like yours or a cheap £85 backpack on wheels from ebay. thanks

thats really good. im thinkinng of a trolley or backpack for a second user to van mount.what would you say would be best though. a diy trolley like yours or a cheap £85 backpack on wheels from ebay. thanks
Either really. I use the trolley for houses that are quite away from the van and avoids people tripping on the hose. The backpack is ideal for tight access down the side of houses (bins and rubbish etc) Gardiner do a backpack £85 plus vat. They are a great company to do business with. And the owner is often on here to help with any problems.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pure-water-systems/portable-systems/the-gardiner-backpack/new-gardiner-pure-water-backpack-v3-22-litre.html

Made a new trolley this morning

Cable tied the reel on at the moment but will get some jubilee clips on it tomorrow and gonna fit a jimmyboots style pole holder on the side

Had to mount the reel slightly askew as the handle was fouling the side of the trolley

View attachment 5876

View attachment 5875

Yeah and i am using the extra bit wrapped round the top as pole hose now i have the rectus fitting like you in the end of the first section of pole

You're right it isn't any heavier that i can notice

Especially since I'm using a fibreglass pole anyway

Back