Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First day with water butt

WCF

Help Support WCF:

A

abs

Well got my 210 litre all full in the back of my estate been checking for leaks all day and not a drop /emoticons/smile.png hoping this is me done with working out off 25ltr containers from my car ,got about £170 waiting for me tomorrow so can't wait /emoticons/smile.png

Bet that's a weight in the back. How you got it strapped in & how do you get the water out.
I've actually not none slip mats under the container and pretty thick roap hold in it in place , I'll only ever fill it to what I need and when I need to take it out ill run my pump and fill my 25 ltr barrels

Have you put baffles in the tank?

A great cheap way is to use the plastic balls from a kids ball pit and a soldering iron and pop a few holes in them to allow the water to flow through them but not loosing any space in the tank ;-)

output_zpssqyi94wj.jpg

When i first started wfp i had a backpack on a b&q trolley and 200lt in 25lt containers. had them in the back of my laguna hatch back. 6 months later £250 for rear suspension. Hope it goes well but it is a lot of weight.

Tank is over where the rear seats are, forward of the rear axle....so 200kg no worse than having two fatty passengers in the back.

You need to stop the slosh of water in the tank....so baffle balls...drain-pipe with holes drilled in....

even plastic plant pots, cable tie both open ends of pots together, drill a few extra holes in them and fill the tank with them......any of these methods will have very little water displacement.

:eek: BUT....you realy need to get that that tank safe and secure...can't see any form of restraint in that pic :eek:.

The tank is baffled and hardly any water slop at all, I tied it down last night but got a squeegee traped under a seat so I undid it before I took the pic, I've also got some anti slip matting placed under neath and the tank sticks to if and you can't push it when it's empty the mats are that good, I'm a little worried about the weight but if anything breaks it will be a case of get a van sooner

When you said "water butt" not tank I was expecting to see a garden water butt in it /emoticons/biggrin.png

I have seen a van with a house emersion tank plumbed in it though so nothing surprises me now /emoticons/biggrin.png

i need to carry more water. Please note it is straped down
Sheesh! I've got a car valeter on my round and he tows an IBC full of 1000 litres that's bolted to the trailer with small bolts. He's gonna roll it one day :nod:

Sheesh! I've got a car valeter on my round and he tows an IBC full of 1000 litres that's bolted to the trailer with small bolts. He's gonna roll it one day :nod:
First ever reach and wash I used was in a trailor , big 1000ltr bolted down once on the motorway towing it with a doblo I had to break hard and the trailor didn't stop so well and ended up pushing me sideways in the fast lane

First ever reach and wash I used was in a trailor , big 1000ltr bolted down once on the motorway towing it with a doblo I had to break hard and the trailor didn't stop so well and ended up pushing me sideways in the fast lane
:eek:

Back