Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Im back lol .. minibore or microbore hose on the reel? continued

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Greener

What would you suggest is best Minibore or Microbore hose on the reel?

Well I'm at the point were I REALLY need to purchase some more hose as I have taken on a property where due to access I need around 80 meters of hose to clean the rear windows. I have recently started out on my own and the van set up I purchased came with a reel with about 50 meters of 6mm microbore hose on it and to be honest its been a pleasure using it compared to the 8mm minibore hose i used to use while working for someone else...ITS Sooooooooooo MUCH LIGHTER /emoticons/wink.png. HOWEVER I cant getaway from the fact that I have read on a few occasions that the microbore puts added pressure on the pump and could shorten the life span of the pumpo_O???? Now I'm a little bit protective of old Percy and I really could do without it gong bang, so WHAT WOULD YOU DO?????????

p.s All my poles and hose connectors are currently set for using the microbore I have on my reel.

Why not just stick to using microbore and if worried get a spare pump?

Last edited by a moderator:
I use rectus 21 fittings on both hoses ....male connection on my pole hose fits female connection on both 8mm &6mm .... So I can mix and match Pumps are tough ,,

O.K so I think I'm going to stick with the microbore :thumbsup: I have a reel that I want to use, can anyone tell me what fitting I need to connect the 6mm hose to the reel? The connection I have on it at the mo looks like it is for 8mm hose? I have noticed it has a thread on the in side? Picture attached.View attachment 3529

@Greener so you have the fitting that threads into that with a 8mm barbed end? I reckon you should be able to get 6mm microbore onto 8mm fitting. Just get the hose hot with very hot water.

I like Microbore hose :thumbsup: The pump has to push water through 5mm ID pole hose anyway so.........

I wouldn't change from microbore, I use 100 metres. Although I do need to get a replacement hose, I have had mine for over three years and I have turned it once.

I have spent a small fortune on the van and kit recently, having bought a SLX-35 and a SLX-18, had the van resprayed and signwritten. So I told the wife I'd sell my old pole and brush on ebay to cover the cost of new hose. 22 watchers atm, so you never know./emoticons/wink.png

@Greener so you have the fitting that threads into that with a 8mm barbed end? I reckon you should be able to get 6mm microbore onto 8mm fitting. Just get the hose hot with very hot water.I like Microbore hose :thumbsup: The pump has to push water through 5mm ID pole hose anyway so.........
Cheers jimmyboots :thumbsup: ive now ordered some microbore and will give it a go.

I wouldn't change from microbore, I use 100 metres. Although I do need to get a replacement hose, I have had mine for over three years and I have turned it once.
I have spent a small fortune on the van and kit recently, having bought a SLX-35 and a SLX-18, had the van resprayed and signwritten. So I told the wife I'd sell my old pole and brush on ebay to cover the cost of new hose. 22 watchers atm, so you never know./emoticons/wink.png
No problem with the pump SPCleaning?

No I have had the pump for some time without a problem. Over two years. Where did you order your hose from?
CleaningSpot??? its the first time i've used them, it was a Tenner cheaper than Gardiner Pole Systems so I hope its o.k?

Latest Posts

Back