Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Big Fish!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

His mate mick brown is the one i really like as he is a pike man like me

Love a bit of lure and fly fishing

Didn't know that was on! Cheers green. Went fishing yesterday at darenth, so relaxing. Had a lovely 12 lb mirror carp
Haven't got the patience for carping nowadays

The only time i go for carp is when they are cruising the local canal in the summer

Always have a few rubber dog biscuits and red maggots in my pocket when i go just in case i have the chance to get one off the top

There's something about predator fishing that i like

I think it's the stalking and getting into the mindset of the fish

Ask @tench0771

He likes to fish

I guess by the name he would know lol

I have only ever caught them on carp baits

Meat etc not boilies

Carping I do not regard as fishing. Wheel barrows, bivvys, TV, microwave, 200 rods, 3 years of pre baiting and the more camo than the the SAS have used in 60 years!

I only fly or lure fish, my entire tackle fits in a satchel. If I have time to get to the coast and get on a boat I will use bait but only to hunt congers or the likes.

My favorite is hunting around cliffs and rocky outcrops in glorious sunshine for Wrasse on jelly lures.

Very rarely but off the coast of the isle of wight or Southampton when i get the rare opportunity to visit my fishing mad cousin there

I've always wanted to catch a pike. I've got a tracer wire and spinner on my rod ready to go for the next time I get out.

I love to catch them off the top with poppers

Still time for a few more weeks before it gets too cold and the deeper lures come in to play

Get out there soon tolish as they are still feeding up ready for winter

The best lures by far are the jelly ones with the 1 big hook instead of trebles

I have some awesome pike flies too

The more outrageous the better with flies

missed this.

keen angler myself, been fairly regular since i was a young lad. Mainly carp fishing the last 5 years, bivvys etc but also the odd bit of barbel in the autumn and piking in winter. Do a bit of general coarse fishing now and again, sometimes nice to run a stick float down and fish with maggots. Used to be a match/pole angler when i first started but once i tried proper carping i was hooked and never really looked back.

Not been at all this year which is the longest ive ever gone, i sold all my gear last january to fund a van and other business gear. Going to get a licence and spend this winter piking with my brother who i used to go with every weekend, before getting back into carping next spring, cant beat an overnighter in the summer watching the mist clear from the water at dawn or been woken by the scream of a delkim as you fumble for your shoes and usually end up running out in your socks and getting **** wet thru.

Really want to catch a tench, any advise what bait I should be using?
tench now will b hard to catch the warmer months r best for tench ,they like the margins i usly fish lob or dendras over chop worm caster with ground bait also espenders r good for tench as long as there is not a lot of roach in ur swim if there is lots of roach then h 8 mm hard pelet on a bait band will sort the problom roach out u can still catch tench throun out the winter but its hard going u will probly end up catchng carp insted in winter the deepest parts of the lake r best i think usly pole but fish 18 inch over depth with hard pelet

I love to catch them off the top with poppersStill time for a few more weeks before it gets too cold and the deeper lures come in to play

Get out there soon tolish as they are still feeding up ready for winter
Cheers for the advice dave, whats a popper? I've got a good selection of lures, just need to get out and use them.

Back