Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shotgun Marketing!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

vito61

I was inspired to put finger to keyboard by our dear comrade harunh.

I see a lot of ideas being floated here (and not just by harunh) about how to get customers, carboots, websites, expensive 'paid for' ads, taxi drivers card holders etc etc.

All these (and others) may well generate the odd customer or so, but where.

There is a danger, you'll have to decide how serious, of being spread to thinly over a wide area. You could end up chasing for miles, following up leads generated by a scatter gun style of marketing. Personally, I get people phoning me from way out of the area I would go to (at any price). I have free representation on the web and in Thompson Locals etc. I don't mind that because it hasn't cost me anything to be there. But I don't actively do that style of marketing.

Time spent driving or stuck in traffic is wasted. The fuel cost is negligible compared to what you could be getting cleaning windows.

Make efforts to select where YOU want to be, ie next to or near other customers you've already got or whatever your goal is. If I get a call way out I'll give somebody else's number. There are only so many customers you can do on a 'round' , get the ones that are best for you.

Work smarter, be a sniper not a blaster.

When you start out you have to be blaster /emoticons/smile.png then get the sniper out /emoticons/smile.png lol

You can design a website to focus on certain areas like if you only want target west London then use west London as a keyword.

I deliver a free paper with my son (lets him earn pocket money). This time I printed off approx 300 A6 flyers. We just walked from our house. Delivered with paper last sunday. Had 1 call before we got back. Since then 2 more. £44 extra this week.

Need a bit more work as wfp means I'm getting through work a bit quicker.

Back