Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

getting tips is nice [ but do you tip yourself?]

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B

boarcity

i left a 2 quid tip under my plate yesterday in the Piri Piri cafe on Wherstead road in Ipswich. As i ate my breakfast ,which was awful by the way ,[ no wonder my lads arent keen on the place] i thought, hmmm im getting tips every single day in my job but im not giving hardly any back . lets redress the balance

I tip if i think i have had good service..not just because it is the done thing

Example is when i was in florida at pizza hut

I know it is expected there but all she did was bring a plate of wings over and a pizza and when given the bill she had worked out what tip she expected by percentage and written it on the bill

She got nothing and the money i was going to tip her stayed in my pocket

Just found it really rude being told heres your bill and heres my tip..the tip she would have had would have been more than she had worked out anyway

I don't Tip...ever o_O.

I'm not topping-up any-ones wages because their employers can't see fit to pay them an appropriate wage for the job that person does.

Good service and quality workmanship should be a standard one aspires to, not to be paid for or expected as an extra money earner.

Gets my goat this 'Tipping' lark :mad:.......

rant over :whistle:.

I always tip my takeaway. Anywhere between £1.50 - £3.

Used the same once since i was 14/15 years old.

The food is superb and is never ever ever ever late/wrong/disgusting.

Whether my tips have anything to do with the outcome i do not know.

But for the sake of a couple of £ i am more than happy to tip them.

I always tip services though. Hairdresser gets a £5 each time because they always get me in and out super quick.

cheapie not got much money so he doesnt like to give it away...

but I did tip our postie...he has been great in many ways so every xmas I put £7 for a drink in his card...

he managed to work out all the fake addresses I use online and still gave me the **** post I didnt really want but he was a very good detective..

well all the free listings ask for an address and I hate spam ..

okay I will put it in before someone else does..

[media]

[/media]
he also signed for stuff and left it as he could tell when I was home

and he was always very cheerful and also sent me a card to say thankyou for my kind gift...

sadly hes now retired and we have a plonker in his place....

post just thrown in the porch never through the letterbox..

so saves me £7 this xmas..

personally Im not into tips being given to me as I find it a bit embarrassing as I gave a price for a job and thats that as far as I am concerned..

but when I got them at xmas it did make up for the lost time due to the early darkness and weather etc..

of course I ALWAYS tell the taxman if I get a tip:rofl:

I generally find a bottle of plonk easier to accept..

but I hope we dont get the tipping thing in this country as its a pain..

my lad just back from america said its just the done thing out there...

and when you watch the spam vid....how can you say cheapie is mad..? and they got paid for it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Never thought of tipping the bin men, but I can't think of a more important job and if they bother to put your bins back neatly then should this year. I get tips alot, although I do find it awkward taking them, they do add up quickly so certainly helpful. I don't tip much, but I will at a restaurant or to be fair anything food or drink related if I feel that the service was better than required. I'll also tip a little if someone has undercharged for their service and still done a great job as I would of willingly paid more anyway. That all said, if a tip is written on a bill or asked/expected for then I refuse to pay it.

i left a 2 quid tip under my plate yesterday in the Piri Piri cafe on Wherstead road in Ipswich. As i ate my breakfast ,which was awful by the way ,[ no wonder my lads arent keen on the place]
Never mind the monetary value of the tip left.... but why would you leave any tip at-all if the breakfast was awfull....even your lads are not keen on the place...why even go there :confused:.

Never mind the monetary value of the tip left.... but why would you leave any tip at-all if the breakfast was awfull....even your lads are not keen on the place...why even go there :confused:.
i left the tip to get myself into the habit of tipping more than anything. it was only the sausage that was awful, was it from the day before? coffee was great

Always tip if service is good and yep mostly tell take away delivery guys to keep change etc. I wouldn't tip though if food was bad or service was poor.

As for tipping bin men not likely lol, damo you seen my drive, if bin is near front door they can't be bothered to fetch it trouble there is its a tarmac drive about 5 metres so wouldn't kill em if I forgot occassionally to wheel it those 5 metres.

I tip either to reward friendly/fast/polite service or to avoid spit or **** in my food in future if I'm likely to go back soon.

I tip quite a lot (as long as there's good service! ) as I think it's good karma. Might sound a bit airy fairy but even if 50p brings a smile to someone's face then it's money well spent.

I tip the posty with a bottle of wine at christmas, takeaways, and meals out. I even tipped a car boot seller today. He sells nothing but old tools, and every now and then he gets some gems, always friendly,and always cheap. So I often round the price up as you see people haggling all the time. I think he looks after me now.

My postman is gone round the corner and disappeared by the time I get to the door...

I often like cheap cafeteria food in hospitals etc. like school dinners. Comforting. I'd rather tip some of those workers. They are usually jolly folk too. Cheap strong coffee and nicely cooked chips /emoticons/smile.png

Back