Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Second impressions of my slx-25...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windyman

Used it for a proper day today...love it.

After going from fibreglass, I cleaned the 1st house with my jaw on the ground lol. /emoticons/biggrin.png

It was very light, but the rigidity is what you notice more than anything. Maybe it's coz I'm used to ultra bendy FG, but it seemed a little too rigid at times...I'm used to doing my work in a way that a little bend sometimes helps...but I'm sure I'll get used to working with this. This isn't a bad point, it's too good if anything.

Was great on the window, but where I really noticed the difference was when lifting off the glass and when manoeuvring the pole while extended (e.g under telephone wires and washing lines)...this was made very easy with the slx.

The clamps took a bit of getting used to, but by the end of the day it was like I'd used it forever.

Some have talked about the clamps going...and I did wonder if this was due when closing the pole, the sections slide down quite quickly and the clamp hits the clamp below. This, over time, could loosen the clamp I imagine. I started to close the pole at a more horizontal angle so it came in slower & didn't bash the clamps.

I'm very glad I went for the 25 & not the 22. I doubt I'd have noticed a difference in weight & I would have regretted not having the extra 3ft reach on my 3rd storey stuff.

I use it with the Gardiners medium mixed trim brush, a great combo.

So over all a great pole, very pleased with it. Hope it lasts me a long time!

I love my slx 35 too! i can reach all the tall town houses with it while still doing downs with ease due to its short length. it is about 1 year 4 months old now and still looks like new and i use it every day for every house! i know exactly what you mean about the clamps and i am careful to avoid this. My other theory on how people damage them so much is that they over adjust them when they need nipping up (only needs a 1/16th turn if that) or they don't actually close the clamp up fully, the brush rotates and they nip it unnecessarily. I've noticed myself nearly do these things but stopped myself. Absolutely fantastic products and service in my opinion. i would not go anywhere else now. i have the radius-sill brush on it now with fans and i really like it. it has revolutionised my busness simple as.

I love my slx 35 too! i can reach all the tall town houses with it while still doing downs with ease due to its short length. it is about 1 year 4 months old now and still looks like new and i use it every day for every house! i know exactly what you mean about the clamps and i am careful to avoid this. My other theory on how people damage them so much is that they over adjust them when they need nipping up (only needs a 1/16th turn if that) or they don't actually close the clamp up fully, the brush rotates and they nip it unnecessarily. I've noticed myself nearly do these things but stopped myself. Absolutely fantastic products and service in my opinion. i would not go anywhere else now. i have the radius-sill brush on it now with fans and i really like it. it has revolutionised my busness simple as.
I was going to get the sill brush with it but they don't do a mixed bristle brush (which is what i use at the moment). Which one do you have? I'd probably get medium but would like the harder bristles on inside...if only they'd make one! PLEEEEASE Alex!! lol

it is the first on on their online shop: dual trim medium white. really good and i use it every day on everything. good on slopes too (opened windows and glass coni roofing)

Back