Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1st Day using Liquidator

Chimeara

Hmmm well i have worked all day cleaning approx 40 semi's Using Moerman liquidator with Razr red facelift rubber. One min it seems great then for no apparent reason it leaves fine lines on the glass. If i use the rubber in a standard unger channel the are no problems at all. I have been using unger channels for close on 30 years with either pulex or unger soft rubber and very rarely have to do any detailing. I honestly cannot see what all the fuss is about with the liquidator.

Hmmm well i have worked all day cleaning approx 40 semi's Using Moerman liquidator with Razr red facelift rubber. One min it seems great then for no apparent reason it leaves fine lines on the glass. If i use the rubber in a standard unger channel the are no problems at all. I have been using unger channels for close on 30 years with either pulex or unger soft rubber and very rarely have to do any detailing. I honestly cannot see what all the fuss is about with the liquidator.
Are you using a moerman handle? I ask this because I have a Wagtail and an ordinary brass handle both with liquidator channels; The Wag works best with soft moerman rubbers, but the brass handle one works best with Unger soft rubbers. I have one complete liquidator handle and channel and rubber, although smaller than the other two, and that works when it wants to.

I notice mine does this as well, fine for a few houses then **** again. Keep an eye on the rubber to make sure it's still flush with the clips. I think that's the problem with mine

Best way to stop it slipping is a small piece of wire or cable tie in the clips by the bulge in the top of the rubber I believe that @daveyboy did a thread on it a few months back

Heat the clips in hot water or over a flame and bend them straighter. There a bit too bent for my liking. Straighten them out and you will have no drag or lines at all. I got that tip from a video off YouTube last year.

Heat the clips in hot water or over a flame and bend them straighter. There a bit too bent for my liking. Straighten them out and you will have no drag or lines at all. I got that tip from a video off YouTube last year.
If you have Excelerator with Liquidator 2 clips I'd be wary of doing this. The plastic is much harder and the angle is a little shallower than the original.

Then you might as well just buy a different make of channel as it defeats the purpose of the liquidator

I don't understand the issues everyone is having

I am using several liquidators and excelerator with standard moerman soft with no issues and the rubber lasts ages

I too dont get on with Liquidators and much prefer my S-plus channels.

I really struggle with all the, stick in a piece of wire or zip tie, heat it up, press ot down, blah blah blah.....

For all the hype it got it should have worked out the box from day one.

If you bought a car that needed all that modding to work properly you wouldnt stand for it.

I too dont get on with Liquidators and much prefer my S-plus channels.
I really struggle with all the, stick in a piece of wire or zip tie, heat it up, press ot down, blah blah blah.....

For all the hype it got it should have worked out the box from day one.

If you bought a car that needed all that modding to work properly you wouldnt stand for it.
...I, like Davey no doubt, have from day one, been totally bemused at all the 'improvements' suggested. I have never had issues with either the original channels and clips or the v2 version and even though I have personal preferences for rubber I haven't found a brand yet that DOESNT work. The same with handles...Unger, Ettore, Wagtail and of course Moermans own. Dial in the angle from glass and off you go, no problem.

I like to put the wire in the ends to hold the rubber tighter as that is how i prefer it same as i always crimped the end of my modded s plus channels ..just personal preference but they work 100% fine without the wire

I don't have any in my 14" on the excelerator and still works fine

Then you might as well just buy a different make of channel as it defeats the purpose of the liquidatorI don't understand the issues everyone is having

I am using several liquidators and excelerator with standard moerman soft with no issues and the rubber lasts ages
No it doesn't defeat the purpose of the liquidator. Mine works fine and it also makes the rubber last a lot longer as they is less pressure on the tips of the rubber.

It will work fine until you get to certain seals where it will just ride over

Some of us were involved in testing and helping to develop the liquidators and Bob Hatt put a whole lot of time and effort in to getting the clips just right

But apparently other people with no knowledge of the testing of different angles etc know better

Each to their own if it suits you but i guarantee mine will work better in my hands

It will work fine until you get to certain seals where it will just ride overSome of us were involved in testing and helping to develop the liquidators and Bob Hatt put a whole lot of time and effort in to getting the clips just right

But apparently other people with no knowledge of the testing of different angles etc know better

Each to their own if it suits you but i guarantee mine will work better in my hands
I disagree with that end bit because mine works perfect. 0 detailing.

It will work fine until you get to certain seals where it will just ride overSome of us were involved in testing and helping to develop the liquidators and Bob Hatt put a whole lot of time and effort in to getting the clips just right

And if a whole lot of time and effort go in to getting things just right at moerman then why did I make my combinator work much much better with one other simple modification what I also saw on YouTube lol.

And if a whole lot of time and effort go in to getting things just right at moerman then why did I make my combinator work much much better with one other simple modification what I also saw on YouTube lol.

Back