Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure Rip Off

WCF

Help Support WCF:

that is a bit much im lucky I suppose its literally 5 mins from my house so just pop in when I need something

I get the same hassle, live on the scottish islands and firms want a fortune for delivery , then the stuff arrives by royal mail who aint allowed to charge by the area you live in grrrrr makes me scottish blood boil, funnily enough i ordered a new pump from that link H put up from PF and the postage was £7.98 go figure.

Can understand companies being nervous with delivery prices to outside mainland uk once tried getting a electrician to the Isle of Wight on ferry in a corsa van due to it being a business vehicle was twice as dear as getting a Volvo and caravan and four occupants across sent him for a bout £6 on hovercraft and got taxi at other end so for private delivery companies can see massive disadvantages compared to Royal Mail. The Isle of Man is another problem one. We gave up on getting things to islands after these two experiences and only stuck to mainland Scotland as had been burnt by the time the northern accounts came in no defence on costs but someone's making a killing and its not always who you think

Forgot we successfully got jersey guernsey and Sicily isles but used a private flying school out of lands end but wouldn't have been able to afford the loss any other way

Can understand companies being nervous with delivery prices to outside mainland uk once tried getting a electrician to the Isle of Wight on ferry in a corsa van due to it being a business vehicle was twice as dear as getting a Volvo and caravan and four occupants across sent him for a bout £6 on hovercraft and got taxi at other end so for private delivery companies can see massive disadvantages compared to Royal Mail. The Isle of Man is another problem one. We gave up on getting things to islands after these two experiences and only stuck to mainland Scotland as had been burnt by the time the northern accounts came in no defence on costs but someone's making a killing and its not always who you think

So true when I first started out I used a fiesta van all black looked like a car with tinted rear windows, £17 day return to southampton. as soon as i got it sign written £76 day return and red funnel say they are struggling!!!

As for post we are post coded PO Portsmouth but all post cost double unless your only useing a first class stamp lol

Red funnel they were the most unhelpful company I have had the misfortune to deal with couldn't remember their name when I wrote the post

Red funnel they were the most unhelpful company I have had the misfortune to deal with couldn't remember their name when I wrote the post
Lol yer Redfunnel I Southampton to east Cowes wight link Portsmouth into fish Bourne hover south sea to Ryde all as bad as each other!! A rids the way to go but I can't swim lol GF

Over the years have seen some good stuff for sale on Isle of Wight usually motorbikes cars vans but can see why it's buyer collects lol

Yep remember making the poor guy drive from Southampton to Portsmouth to try the other ferry route on the map as was stock on a job and just thought no worries just find another ferry could not believe it when he rang back saying it was same company so he had to drive back past southhampton to get hover craft glad them days are gone now

Back