Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

customers who don't see you as a business

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slipknot

have you ever had a customer who you would clean there windows but they say "i got no cash" and you tell them you will be back on friday about 6pm and there like yea ill be in or i will leave the money under the plant pot. and when you come to get it on friday they go "you always come when i have no money" and you sit there and think well give me your number and when you get paid from work ill come round ?

i mean what annoys me is there is a select few custys who will treat you like a brick and brac service. i mean you don't go to sainsburys get to the till and go "oh i got no cash to pay you can i just come by next Tuesday and pay you

I don't take it mate

My customers either pay online within a week or they leave cash out for me

The odd few who i know well may owe me until the next clean but i know i will get paid

Anyone who owes me for over a week gets a message and then repeated messages and anyone who doesn't pay doesn't get cleaned again until they have

It seems to work for me

i normally do that after 2 weeks leave messages, catch them on random week days it normally catches them out if they are trying to sneak off before i turn up on a friday

I don't go out collecting

Only time i visit customers is to clean or to put a final warning through the door

Sneaking about catching them in ? I collect once per month .. Text them all few days in advance .

But most pay online or on the day.

Some of them can be real d1cks that's way , I've a a lot of work out in the country a couple in particular up the narrowest road you've ever seen with more craters than the moon and to get to the house for them not to be in when they said they where going to be drove me insane , I've got the 2 of them on go cardless now thankfully and it's made my life that much easier lol

Switch them to GoCardless. Only reason you'd still want cash is if you're dodging taxes and claiming benefits.

Also if they wont pay online then get a Paypal or Izettle card reader. The fees are cheaper than you running back and forth.

I learned some time back any one saying 'oh I dont get paid till next Friday' needs replacing rapidly cause in all honestly if they are living that hand to mouth they really cant afford a windy to begin with. Replace them and let them be someone elses headache.

I don't take it mateMy customers either pay online within a week or they leave cash out for me

The odd few who i know well may owe me until the next clean but i know i will get paid

Anyone who owes me for over a week gets a message and then repeated messages and anyone who doesn't pay doesn't get cleaned again until they have

It seems to work for me
Exactly how I do business.

No payment after a week they get constant text reminders. If no payment or response after a few weeks i will send them a letter giving 14 days to small claims and informing them they have been removed from the round.

Makes no sense to build a round full of headaches so cut them off at the first sign of trouble and keep looking for new work.

thanks for that guys. we normally have customers who pay by cheque but i hate waiting for the cheque to clear. ill have a look at that go cardless /emoticons/smile.png. it sounds a lot easier.

when i think of this thread it reminds me ,an old boy used to take the mickey out of me ,guess he felt superior or was it inferior and often never had quite enuf money on him .anyhow one nite he had a stroke and woke up with no brain but had a silly smile on his face ,and died in a home not long after. his widow has been paying me ever since for all manner of window/gutter jobs at very inflated prices that she has suggested.nothing been said but i know its her way of making amends for the old git

when i think of this thread it reminds me ,an old boy used to take the mickey out of me ,guess he felt superior or was it inferior and often never had quite enuf money on him .anyhow one nite he had a stroke and woke up with no brain but had a silly smile on his face ,and died in a home not long after. his widow has been paying me ever since for all manner of window/gutter jobs at very inflated prices that she has suggested.nothing been said but i know its her way of making amends for the old git
Karma at work

I got a couple of non payers atm, one is my best earning domestic, she's a doc and he owns his own home building company! but they are typical late payers(come to think of it, that's probally why the last windy did a bunk) thing is I'm all gently gently atm cause I can't really afford to lose any custys. Also I think there mind set is oh well we pay every other tradesman within 30 days for cashflow reasons so why should he be any different. as soon as I get more work she'll get left behind I think.

I have dumped loads of customers for this, any late payers that I have to text a reminder to twice is out and any that say "not today thank you" for whatever reason also out.

When asked why I haven't done thier windows I tell them.

You can always afford to dump them cos it could cost you more to collect than the money owed

Back