Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Appointment booking program

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jamesthered

does anybody use a booking program/app via their website? I want to direct all marketing to go via website and make it easy for a new custy to able to say Wednesday PM in their particular postcode are like aa1 5 for their clean. I know setting up payment is easy and will put pricing on website like a lot of others.

If somebody can direct me somewhere

In short, AN Other want their windows cleaned, they look at page decide on payment required and book a time in an area i am that day - job done

I get what you're trying to do.

I would not dream of allowing customers to book a job to be done 'blind' through the internet.

Reasons:

People lie - oh the windows aren't bad -- reality -- THEY'RE MINGING

Access - Oh yes you can get around the property -- reality -- once you climb over the bins and kids bikes down the side ally, avoid all the solar lights and unravel your hose from all that garden furniture we never use.

Extras -- oh just a small sun lounge -- reality -- 150 sq t conny that's as minging as the windows.

And on and on.

I will stick to then inquiring through the website or face-book or wherever - book an appointment to go and give a quote, and once they and I are happy with the situation then get them booked in for a clean.

This way you know exactly what you are walking into every job. No surprises.

Understand about customers not quite telling the truth and everything you say. In my last career the mantra was "make yourself easy to buy from" hence looking at some kind of booking, perhaps being in year 1 the rose tints haven't worn off.

There some websites that you can book a time but it's not quite what I looking for, perhaps should give um a call as their not in my area.

I don't think it really suits window cleaning.

I do car valeting and it would work well for this say you can book Monday AM or PM etc.

However I don't know how you work buy my wondow round isn't as rigid as I'll be in so and so area on every 4th Monday, sometimes extra jobs come up or yiu get delays for whatever reason and I might get a fee days behind. also due to the nature of the business somedays I might be earlier or later or do the round in a different order etc.

Personally I cannot stand set time and day jobs and I generally don't entertain them so setting uo a system to do that would be a nightmare for me.

Its a great idea but I think it's better suited for another business but hey give it a go and find out for yourself.

Agree with green ! AND it takes the freedom of the windy lifestyle away . I have weeks where I'm not where I thought I would be at a certain date , because I felt the need of being somewhere else ( business or pleasure) . So why let them dictate your day ? Like having a boss all over again.. o_O

And as green said , they lie , maybe not even intended,but our way of determining a job is often miles away from their point of view.

I've seen websites where the costumers can price their own property by pointing out where and how big a ladder is required. And how many setups !! How stupid is that !?:mad: I mean sometimes when a ladder is needed ,you have to do 2 points to do a clean .im 100% a custy would say 1 setup .

Leave the professional assessment to the professionals, and the payments to the Custy. No Matter what people say ,this job IS a trade , and you wouldn't expect a client to point out to the ordinary tradesmen how long their jobs would take to complete or what tools needed. :whistle:

Latest Posts

Back