Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using ladders correctly?

View attachment 6395i recollect Wagga had one of these in a video attached to his ladder top on a short length of bungee cord. this was so he can clip it to gutter and ladder wont blow away if he leaves it / also prevents sideslip

Where on the gutter does he attach the bungee? Wont it rip the gutter down if it slides when your on it?

I have a slippy extension I have to climb onto this week. How can I secure it? Is it ok to drill into the masonry and put something to attach ladder to? As it something I will have to climb regularly I don't think it is unreasonable to ask customer if i can drill and attach something do u? Use bungee? Put an eye just below top of roof of extension to thread bungee through.

Why wouldn't you just invest in something like an ankalad which is then permanently with you for any dodgy ladder placements and may save your life

Surely that is worth 50 quid off ebay

Also good on any dodgy deckingand gravel etc

Where on the gutter does he attach the bungee? Wont it rip the gutter down if it slides when your on it?
I have a slippy extension I have to climb onto this week. How can I secure it? Is it ok to drill into the masonry and put something to attach ladder to? As it something I will have to climb regularly I don't think it is unreasonable to ask customer if i can drill and attach something do u? Use bungee? Put an eye just below top of roof of extension to thread bungee through.
clip on gutter itself. the idea is that when a ladder starts to slip sideways this clamp stops it moving before momemtum has got underway

Regarding the position of ladder below window, someone wrote it should be put above. What do u mean? Above all the windows on leaning against the sill?

UOTE="boarcity, post: 233763, member: 5300"]clip on gutter itself. the idea is that when a ladder starts to slip sideways this clamp stops it moving before momemtum has got underway

Where can I buy these clamps?

Regarding the ankalad thingee. Which one? My ladder is 3.5 meters closed and 6 open quite heavy but I only use occasions. U think its_worth it? If so I will get one.

I put it wherever i need to depending on the particular window

Below is good as you don't need to work round the ladder

Tall windows i go to the side on the wall if possible and have the ladder higher than the glass

Only usuallygo above ifbi need the ladder longer to make it a safe angle due to canopys above front doors etc stopping me using a short ladder safely

View attachment 4263

If you can get one cheap enough it is still worth getting one imo

Smurf has had them cheap off ebay

Don't way much at all

My ladders are 30 kilo 3 piece 8.5 metre jobbies and i carry them with ankalad and mini standoff

Back