Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Half A Job

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

Was out working this morning trying to clear guttering with **** frozen solid so trying to use a guttervac was hopeless.

Managed to do some by hand but last one at the back I gave up trying as the shared gutter run was above a brand new glass conservatory with no ladder access.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing as customer even mentioned he should have had his guttering cleared before having the conservatory built. The gutter run was totally blocked and never been cleared in 16 years.

View attachment 1845

These are bloody akward , ive a few like this , only option is a roof ladder and get on roof, use a harness and attatch to the ladder, charge accordingly of course, it dissnae take too long , i sometimes use a harris pole with a small gutter scoop but as you know yourself , you cannae beat a good hand job missus .

Indeed donny, I explained to the customer I will arange to come back another day when the **** in the guttering is not frozen solid so can vac it out.The chap was very happy with this as said a week or two would not make any difference to him.

I still got paid £40 for just the front hand job so all was not lost /emoticons/smile.png

View attachment 1846

These are bloody akward , ive a few like this , only option is a roof ladder and get on roof, use a harness and attatch to the ladder, charge accordingly of course, it dissnae take too long , i sometimes use a harris pole with a small gutter scoop but as you know yourself , you cannae beat a good hand job missus .
I have done that before going down a roof ladder and cleaning out the gutters bloody scary though

I would rather blast the **** out with a pressure washer telescopic lance than clamber over a roof to be honest. /emoticons/ohmy.png

Then would also charge extra to clean the conservatory roof as the glass is filthy anyway. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yeah, better off doing these jobs when its a bit warmer, otherwise your hands could drop off from being too cold :lol:

Nothing worse then doing a job like that, that high on a ladder when its freezing cold!

Another option I guess on a job like that is to arrange with the neighbour to take a section of fence down in his back garden (if required) then to come in from the side with a ladder and an extendable pole and scoop. /emoticons/wink.png

Sorry about the pic as could not be arsed to turn it around. /emoticons/biggrin.png

View attachment 1849

Indeed, but needs must and all that /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yeah, better off doing these jobs when its a bit warmer, otherwise your hands could drop off from being too cold :lol:

Nothing worse then doing a job like that, that high on a ladder when its freezing cold!

yeah there a tough one, id one a while back and there was a fiberglass canopy so i was able to get at it from the side of the house with a home made scoop , the telescopic lance would take some time cleaning up after .

Indeed mr shine

Regarding pressure washing using a telescopic lance would be for me the last option. I know from experience it makes a hell of a mess also would worry if broken bit of tiles etc flung out over the side of the guttering might damage a glass conservatory roof too.

Suppose thinking out of the box this may sound a daft idea but could get 3-4 harris poles rigged up with tarp big enough to try covering the conservatory first to try protecting it from falling debris. Also might minimise the mess and clean up time?

Would be no good trying to do that on windy days though or you might end up taking off /emoticons/biggrin.png

yeah there a tough one, id one a while back and there was a fiberglass canopy so i was able to get at it from the side of the house with a home made scoop , the telescopic lance would take some time cleaning up after .

Back