Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many squeegees is right for you?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

Pickingpaul

ive been through god knows how many different squeegee sizes and variations and combos over the past couple of years, i must have 10+ channel sizes, not quite a polznbladz level i know but more than most.

I lost my 6" squeegee over a month ago and initially i was annoyed but as i carried on a realized i didnt really miss it all that much.

Then the other day i lost ANOTHER liquidator clip on my 14" so have to make do with what i had, an 18" and a 10" this is a good combo if u only could have two.

Then yesterday i couldnt find my 10" anywhere :eek: and just had to use my 18" wtf

I had a spare 9" liquidator i rubbered up this morning, and thats all im taking today, an 18 and a 9"

Ive got old home made dogeared channels in a pile but i dont know if i can be bothered anymore with multiples. It is right that its nice to have the ideal sized squeegee for the glass size but after the past month of making do im not sure if its really worth it

Im wfping all upstairs and after chqtting to Daveyboy ive started wfping a lot of the downstairs too, im restricted on water as i use 25L containeres in my car, somits nice to squeegee a few here and there so i dont run out of water

14inch and 18 inch liquidator is all I've ever needed...

Any small windows I just used to scrim,

Since wfp'ing I hardly use the squeegees!

I still trad a lot and quite honestly I could probably make do with my 14" Wagulator for 95% of my work. Why the hell I carry 10,16,and 18 around in my car I have no idea AND I've just ordered 12 and 22 Liquidators...totally obsessive compulsive methinks... :)

I have 3 sizes, usually a 14, 10, and 6" but at the mo I'm using a 12" S+ a dog eared 10" and dog eared 6"

As it's mostly houses I clean I find this combo fine for me.

I use 10" s+ & 14" s+ mostly but have exactly the same in liquidator no need for any think else give my 22" channel to my 4 year old son so when he's old enough to start with me he'll be a demon with it lol.

i think theres enough metal on the liquidator channel to fashion your own dogeared ends from the channel itself by beating it out with a hammer on an anvil . the plastic ends dropping off is really annoying. glueing them on doesnt last

I have just used 6, 10 and 14 since I started, I reckon I will get a bigger squeegee though and want a wagtail as well so will add to it, I've used same kit since the start as well saves on expenses lol

6 inch

10 inch

14 inch which kept leaving lines today for i dont know why /emoticons/angry.png(

10 inch squeegee your my fav you fixed those lines :inlove:

6 liquidator home made from prototype so different clips

10 0° swiveloc

12 liquidator

14 liquidator

And a 12 wagulator

A bit ott

Used to have 6 on me at any 1 time

Now i just have a rag in my pocket and bottle of virosol or ubik in my other

Gotta love the stick waggling lol

Now i have to decide whether to make a 2nd wfp setup for the boy or give him my squeegees

A 10 inch and a 20 inch is all I need cos I wfp /emoticons/biggrin.png

Nah I do the odd glass ballustrade or balcony doors with them and big inside windows too. I'm tempted to get a 30 inch one if they do them, then I could do a whole house in one swipe /emoticons/wink.png

6 8 and 14 are what I carry now and its perfect for me. If needed I have plenty of bigger ones, but they stay in the van 99% of the time as a 14 is plenty for most.

I am the same with my 12" wagulator

1 size fits all

Now i only trad odds and sods that is all i carry in the motor and a bottle of solution

No bucket..no other squeegees. .no applicator

I got 14, 10 and 6 inch on my belt as standard, gonna get a sorbo 40 for some shop windows i do. Oh yes ofcourse a wagtail in the back of car.

Back