Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thoughts on ecover

WCF

Help Support WCF:

seye

Ok so tried out the ecover that I got my hands on the other day and here are my thoughts.

After using Fairy for years now I was genuinly impressed with ecover, with being not as thick as fairy you would expect the soap on the windows to be watery like Squeegee off but this wasnt the case thankfully, the big plus was when detailing the windows you only needed to scim with one wipe around the frame where as with fairy some times one wipe is not enough to take away the film that fairy leaves. Weather the windows were more shiny I don't know I thought so but it could have just been because I was paying more attention to the result but ecover definately lol "outshines" fairy so ecover it is.

Si

yet to try it but good review....i have some detergent at the mo i er....well ...came by whilst doing a job with a cafe and its great....great glide and like you say above not so much detailing....cant really ask them what its called though....i was glad it needed less detailing as when i went in my bin bag in the boot two holy old solitary bone dry scrims stared back at me and they were handkerchief size....bloomin wife....not being washing my old ones....i tried other cloths but you cant wack a good bone dry scrim so i came back and shoved the lot in the machine..../emoticons/smile.png

forgot to say doesnt last as long as fairy as the ad tells you....

That wouldnt happen to be the blue antibacterial detergent you tried would it? I used to clean a stadium and they had that stuff in the kitchen of the function room. Great glide. I noted the name in my head of it but by the end of the day had forgotten!!

That wouldnt happen to be the blue antibacterial detergent you tried would it? I used to clean a stadium and they had that stuff in the kitchen of the function room. Great glide. I noted the name in my head of it but by the end of the day had forgotten!!
it is a blue colour...it was in a pump type dispenser by the sink and i just got carried away pumping...but it would make sense...i may have to google...hey if its antibacterial then can we charge more for that service?

I found when I started using, Ecover that it doesn't leave a line when you make your first turn, you know, when you almost stop the blade as you are getting into the first top right hand corner.

That make sense? :confused:

That make sense? :confused:[/quote

yep defo does to me, cant wait to try it if my missus ever wakes up to the fact i need stuff.....fast enough to take £75 off me and bugger of to see my daughter though...mind you its worth a lot more believe me...peace .../emoticons/smile.png:)/emoticons/smile.png

it doesn't leave a line when you make your first turn, you know, when you almost stop the blade as you are getting into the first top right hand corner.
:confused:
Funnily enough was thinking that today as I was taking a soaking on several occasions.

i didnt get along with Ecover . very little glide
Just a thought that crossed my mind, I wonder is soft hard water affects the glide. Just thinking up here we have very soft water and thank fully I dont need an Ro for my WFP system that I use on factories etc. Hmmm food for thought.

Just a thought that crossed my mind, I wonder is soft hard water affects the glide. Just thinking up here we have very soft water and thank fully I dont need an Ro for my WFP system that I use on factories etc. Hmmm food for thought.
could be- down here in sunny Suffolk the waters very hard and i was told by a water bloke that our water is pumped all the way from Lincolnshire . Aldi Magnum is what i use now as my soap ,it is kind to hands and excellent glide

could be- down here in sunny Suffolk the waters very hard and i was told by a water bloke that our water is pumped all the way from Lincolnshire . Aldi Magnum is what i use now as my soap ,it is kind to hands and excellent glide
I'm in norfolk , very hard water round here, I also didn't get on with ecover I also found that I didn't have enough glide. How much do you guys put in your bucket?

i like a good squeeze in my bucket its a fine line to mch an ur in a rite mess to little an ur in the ****:D:D sory gav my mouth is terreble

i put a squirt direct onto my scrubber as i leave the van. my bucket never leaves the van . well theres actually 2 buckets sit in the van ,shared over 4 workers

I'm in the process of harvesting rain water using a couple of water butts... Seen a couple of good Vid's on You Tube that demonstrate this. Thus not having to deal with the Hard water Soft water thing and also a saving on Water allround. Something worth thinking about. I am yet to try this. So, have no experience with it. But, well worth a go. and if anyone on the WCF who does Harvest rain water please come forth with your tips and tricks?... That process with ECover could be a winner!!!

But as tuffers said he found pure water made the glide worse. I think its a case it either works for you or not because it seems we cant seem to put our finger on why glide works for some and not others but it definately works for me.

I'm in the process of harvesting rain water using a couple of water butts... Seen a couple of good Vid's on You Tube that demonstrate this. Thus not having to deal with the Hard water Soft water thing and also a saving on Water allround. Something worth thinking about. I am yet to try this. So, have no experience with it. But, well worth a go. and if anyone on the WCF who does Harvest rain water please come forth with your tips and tricks?... That process with ECover could be a winner!!!
When I move in to my next house I am planning on doing this too. Check out a guy on youtube called Poleznblades (or something like that). He has a great system set up with multiple waterbutts linked together in one of his vids.

As for ecover. Its the only liquid I use, but I add a little vinegar into the mix. I like being able to claim that the products are natural and safe, but performance wise, I just haven't tried anything that tops it. Floor cleaner is pretty harsh stuff, I'm not sure I would want to be dipping my hands into that on a daily basis. We have enough bad chemicals for our bodies to fight off these days without subjecting ourselves to that stuff.

I want to give that aldi stuff a try now though so I'll be picking some up next time I'm in one. Smurf, I don't think they sell it in Waitrose or M&S, would you like me to pick you up a bottle too?/emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/biggrin.png

I went from fairy to ecover and never looked back. Seemed to be better to work with and less residue great stuff. Also used there cream cleaner on som stubborn sills which worked a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

use ecover all the time found it so much easier glides so well

only down side is

when i,m cleaning mcdonalds it wont shift the grease so i use ettore squeegee off

lifts the grease easy

but it is harsh on the hands

Have you tried it with vinegar on the MDs Duncs? I only ask because I find this strengthens the cleaning element a little, but I've never cleaned in a chipshop or similar so not sure what effect it will have in there.

use ecover all the time found it so much easier glides so wellonly down side is

when i,m cleaning mcdonalds it wont shift the grease so i use ettore squeegee off

lifts the grease easy

but it is harsh on the hands
just a quick drift of topic.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ahh but have you ever cleaned mcdonalds and not had something to eat?

Latest Posts

Back