Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rubber Cutting

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Posh

How do you cut your rubber to get a straight edge. Or do you cut it a special way as shown on some of the YouTube vids to minimise detailing. I use scissors but sometimes struggle to get a clean cut.

Tip; never cut your rubber before you've turned it over, so you get the best / most out of it :wink:
^^^ Why not.....

I buy 36" and 42" lengths of rubber and never have a problem with cutting them to the size I require.

Sharp blade, push down firm, straight and vertical.....perfect cut....simples :biggrin: .

I can never get a perfect cut and every time I tried it always has a little bit left at the end where its cuts, so annoying.

Just buy in the length I require.

^^^ Why not.....I buy 36" and 42" lengths of rubber and never have a problem with cutting them to the size I require.

Sharp blade, push down firm, straight and vertical.....perfect cut....simples :biggrin: .
You got the wrong end of the stick mate. I buy 36" too. What I was trying to say was, when you get a nick in the rubber, turn it over before taking a slither off the end to rid it of the nick.

You got the wrong end of the stick mate. I buy 36" too. What I was trying to say was, when you get a nick in the rubber, turn it over before taking a slither off the end to rid it of the nick.
OK, I must've had a bit of a blonde moment there :blush:..........That's what I do too :laugh: .

iv looked on the Soapnational.co.uk site, under the cloths section they have an item called a Leather Rats Tails i can see no use for this unless your round is filled with kinky house wifes. can anyone tell me what its for i can see im leaving the door open here but realy couldent see a use for it. sorry to diverse from main thread.

iv looked on the Soapnational.co.uk site, under the cloths section they have an item called a Leather Rats Tails i can see no use for this unless your round is filled with kinky house wifes. can anyone tell me what its for i can see im leaving the door open here but realy couldent see a use for it. sorry to diverse from main thread.
For removing cobwebs from corners ?

iv looked on the Soapnational.co.uk site, under the cloths section they have an item called a Leather Rats Tails ............. can anyone tell me what its for

For removing cobwebs from corners ?
No.......that's not what they're for.

The leather rats tails you mention is old school trad.

A 'Rattail Chamois' is strips of chamois leather cut into strips and strung together.

You would wash the window with this and then polish-up with a scrim.

A 'rattail' is especialy good on leaded windows :smile: .

Kinky house wives,sounds like a rude magazine lol.

thank you both but i recon they would sell more if they advertised it on a diffrent kind of website.I must find a thread on leaded windows and find out more on chamois leather as i hate leaded windows

Back