Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Morning...and Hello!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Luffy

Hi Everyone,

Just joined up as i seem to be a member of a forum for every other thing i'm interested in and this seems like a good one! Anyway, i have recently left what some may consider to be a fairly high paid job in IT Security to become a Window Cleaner using WFP. For years i have wanted my own business and this seemed like the perfect fit as i know a few people that have made good money and one person who runs a large area in the south who turn over £1m + each year but admittedly they do other cleaning as well!

I've come from a career in sales (10 years) and i'm really confident it's going to help me in getting my target amount of customers and ive got some good ideas. Anyway, just about to go out delivering leaflets, i've got 5000 of them to deliver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish me luck, speak soon.

Luffy :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum buddy and happy posting, I wish you the best of luck.

Just out of curiosity what sort of expectations do you have with regards to the money you hope to make?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Hi mate, good question and something i have looked into.

I've estimated i'll be on roughly £200+ a day within 4-5 months. Some people may laugh at that but i'm based in Surrey and people pay good money round here. Did a house the other day that took me just over an hour and charged £50, got a couple of pubs already that pay £35 each and take 40 mins etc etc

Also my dad has lots of commercial contacts and that's where the real money is i think.

My target is 300 customers by the end of the year. I'm posting flyers myself and then following them up in person 1 week later to hit them with the sales charm :rolleyes: . Would hope to get at least 150 out of 5000 and more to trickle in after that.

Welcome to the forum... looks like your a Gunner like me mate :rolleyes:

Luffy how many customers have u got up to now ?

Its been 5 weeks since i started and ive currently got 67 regular customers /emoticons/smile.png I got most of them by canvassing.

Last sunday i got 17 customers by door knocking for 4 hours. It was well worth it.

Leafletting is going to be my next target once i hit 200 customers /emoticons/smile.png But because at the moment i need that many customers i want to door knock... its better then leafletting overall.

Im in the North so prices are a bit low here for window cleaning.... Surrey is a good place to clean windows... I know you will make good money up their....

Leafletting and following them up a week later is a very good tactic /emoticons/biggrin.png I hope it goes well for u.... but i suggest on sundays u go door knocking for 5 hours... and you will see good results. Everyone is at home on sundays /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hi Luffy welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you've got a good business plan already well done!

Well i managed to do 220 odd leaflets in a few hours. Going to follow them up next week, probably on Saturday! Will update and let you all know how i get on!

Back