Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Problem Window

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shaun1977

Cleaned a house yesterday on first clean got call hour later saying 1 window was very streaky so i went back cleaned it again and noticed dirty water was comin from seal inside window. It is large window with 2 tiny windows at top tht open, the problem is coming from he bottom of one of thm. Went back today to check it and was still streaky from same spot so cleaned again.this is first time iv experieced this

Any suggestions to what problem is and how to resolve???

Sounds like you've identified the problem, I can think of 2 possible solutions, 1 make the two small windows the first job when you start, do the rest of the house and all being well the one you started with will have stopped dripping down, clean the Biggy, hopefully sorted.

Other is to do the window as normal do a few more, go back and re rinse the Biggy, perhaps about an inch from the top do a few more, and re rinse again

Sounds like you've identified the problem, I can think of 2 possible solutions, 1 make the two small windows the first job when you start, do the rest of the house and all being well the one you started with will have stopped dripping down, clean the Biggy, hopefully sorted.

Other is to do the window as normal do a few more, go back and re rinse the Biggy, perhaps about an inch from the top do a few more, and re rinse again
i agree with chip i had this problem alot when i first started. also after cleaning the two top windows wipe the bottom of the frame with a scrim it will reduce dripping on the window below after a few months if will go away but always do all the double top windows first to prevent that water mark.

Do the frames first all the time... then rinse the frames afterwards this brings all the dirt down... now wash the glass only... then rinse the glass.... now the sill will havea lot of dirt on it... so just wipe the sill several times ..... and thats job done.

this is how i do it /emoticons/smile.png and havent had 1 complaint yet /emoticons/biggrin.png

H thts nt problem the problem us with a rubber Iv cleaned thousands of windows but this is first time it's happened like this

H thts nt problem the problem us with a rubber Iv cleaned thousands of windows but this is first time it's happened like this
Listen to big h shaun he knows lol go H

If your wfp how do you wipe the top sill with a scrim. Curious as I have dripping sills sometimes but get up my ladder & do it. If your ladder less (Big H) how do you do it?????

Posh do you clean the tops wfp then go up a ladder to do the sills? I haven't been doing the sills, only the frames.. I can't even see if they are clean anyway

You cant see if the sills are clean at the top anyway but i just hover my brush over it several times and hope for the best lol

If your wfp how do you wipe the top sill with a scrim. Curious as I have dripping sills sometimes but get up my ladder & do it. If your ladder less (Big H) how do you do it?????
wrap the scrim around the brush. Use a cill brush or adjust the angle of you brush, a bit of fairy on the brush helps and scrub then rinse. sometimes the dirt between the cill and window frame seeps outs but if you brush it with the water off you can get most of it.

Latest Posts

Back